81 27.84%
  • DOTA 2

161 55.33%
  • Other

49 16.84%
Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Dota 2

I think everytime i look first games graphics, dota 2 great about this then my best moba dota 2, playable nice others mobas too.

New ROGer Array

Best MOBA

I vote League of Legends, which may be a very mainstream choice, but for a valid reason of course! I have played Smite, Paladins, and have yet to try HOTS. While all of them are very fun and unique, none match the gameplay of League of Legends. These games provide some lore, some uniqueness, but haven't gone the extra step I believe League has. League has the variety of Heroes, the point of view you play at, the different abilities, and the game modes provided are very fun. It is a very active community, with many players around the world, and I don't think people queue without finding a match ever, as whenever I queue, it take only 20-60 secs. to get a match-up, and on average about 43 secs. Not bad. They pay attention to detail when developing characters, with both abilities and lore, which I love to learn about, their animated shorts are wonderful, and I think it just makes the game more enjoyable to play, creating a sort of mental relation to the game and yourself. I have yet to be disappointed by this game and am not expecting to be in the near future. Keep rocking LoL.

New ROGer Array

best in my opinion

if someone ask me few year ago then i say LoL but now i must say Strife is the best
    ( only problem is too less people play)
    - similiar graphic than lol
    - alot less toxic community, rarly get a trashtalker or something
    - everything was built around a more peacefull gameplay
    - campaign was unique ideea (seadly have only chapter 1) but still unique)
    - all platform game, linux/max/windows
    - with minimum settings run very well even on old vga

http://store.steampowered.com/app/339280/

(acctually in few point lol kinda would the best if have cross platform, less toxic community but sadly non of these in lol until strife have but there hard to get pvp match but atleast bots ai better than in lol a bit in gank)

*even i was warcraft 3 fan and i played the old dota still i dislike the dota2, idk why*
    Last edited by shadowvzs; 12-17-2016 at 05:20 AM.

New ROGer Array

Dota 2 that's it!

New ROGer Array

Dota 2

I think both games are pretty similar and they're quite close to each other, although the question is, why is it better DOTA?

I've played both games enough time to talk about this, so i can say

- League of Legends is most popular moba actually not the BEST, while DOTA the most worked moba in these last years, and that makes it better than league, these are my points thought

- Mechanics(Dota LoL comparison): In terms of mechanics LoL is Is much simpler and easier to learn, you have to learn the classic last hit, defend turrets and ambushes, In simple words the game is defined more for gold advantage and exp, If the advantage is too high it is almost impossible to comeback, Using this in your favor you can win easily without making a single fight, It's very simple And makes the experience a little empty thought, yes yes Most champions powers have interactions with each other but we'll talk about that below.

So Dota. In terms of mechanics Dota has literally the same mechanics as league of legends and other MOBAS thought, but they are much more complicated than it seems forgetting about the most basic of the mobas, last hitting, defense, ganks, etc... dota has a mechanic that allows you to deny your own creeps, It looks pretty simple ya, but changes completely the way you play in lanes, when you play against an offlaner ( "top" refer to lol, can be top or bot depends of the side ) you can deny creeps and these will not give them the experience at all delaying his levels and make it difficult stay so it will probably leave the lane and will be much more easier to take down his tower in case this doesnt happen he will go on and it will be very vulnerable to die, this applies more for carry/adc in dota, mid depends of the skill players thought, and if you're the offlaner this will happen to you 99% of times in high ranked then dota. but if youre very good at offlaning,taking advantage of the moments in which your lane advances or supports going around the map,you will probably make a big difference in that game, while in LoL you just 1v1 man like mid so you dont actually have to kill the other, unless your jungle ganks, you just have to take push advantage or hp advantage to get his turret, same mid, same bot.

- Gameplay( Dota LoL comparison )

I-n dota you call "heroes" instead of "champions" then here we go, when you choose your hero you have a primary and secondary stats, strenght, agility and intelligence, and basics like HP, mana, basic attack, and you know what I'm talking about, in lol is literally the same, but generally its AP = Ability Power and AD= Attack Damage, some champions have an energy bar instead of mana, some have other names but I will not mention them, in dota you buy items according to your main attribute, while in lol this works differently according to the lane you go to, AD goes for bot, AP mid, and top mostly goes tank and either, both games have situational items that could be bought depending of the situation, some heroes in dota requires a lot of mana and hp to being relevant but his skills are quite dangerous although it has its cons, in LoL hp and mana has interactions with some spells that give you and advantage doing harm commonly, but it doesnt make a disavantage, so some champs they become much more potentially dangerous making the game unbalanced, but usually these champions are quite slow or have limitations although I think It's more difficult for you than for them because small advantages can give you a early loss, in dota these heroes that are similar can easily fck up if they're not very carefully playing them, they're powerful also, but they are not invincible, his mistakes can easily give you an advantage against them making the game more balanced in terms of playing, another thing that's in LoL every champion has a unique passive which can give you a great advantage or disadvantage, making it literally impossible dealing with your counters even if youre good, while in DOTA depends how you play your hero your skill and map knowledge, which can give you a chance to deal against counter picks, yeah it's hard though, But makes the game much more intense and close as well, also in dota there's a turn rate and cast animation that if you have good reflexes you can dodge skills and very powerful skills, And also take advantage harassing, maximizing your damage, avoid jukes in some cases but requires time learning so mostly of time you will die, while in LoL champs reacts instantly, yeah also some skills have cast animation or channeling but most of them have no delay executing them, not being able to predict moves most of the time, fights ends early i call them "flash fights" it takes away emotion and makes you feel empty for me at least, last thing im going to talk is about brush in LoL and highground in DotA, in LoL brush are commonly use for juke spots because you cant see unless you enter, some champs have an advantage that making sometimes impossible to kill them without help, this is frustrating mostly of the times because theyre just in front of you but you cant do anything if youre 1v1 against them, Is quite interesting but I feel it is something forced, makes you feel like an idiot if you die, so literally is like fighting in poor conditions when the bush is supposed to be beneficial to both at least that's what I think of those bushes on the lanes, but i think is player fault sometimes too, bush is ok but mostly it gives advantage to these champs and not a small advantage could be even bigger if you make mistakes so its literally more hard for you and more easy for them giving a feeling that isnt very balanced as all

In Dota highground is pretty simple, highground in every side grants you 20% evasion when the other enemy hits you, this is used early on mid lane commonly, or when an enemy ganks so you can get that advantage for winning fights, quite significant really you can comeback with this if your team use it properly, and you can also counter ganks or bait.

- Graphics ( oh dear )

-We will talk about LoL first, ya i know that mostly ppl will said "Riot will not upgrade his game engine because most ppl will play the game, bleh bleh bleh", but come on man!, its been 6 years and rito only improved ... his textures? (its a joke dont be salty lol fans ), yeah his game engine improved a lot but nothing relevant ( my opinion ) wc3 still has better graphics, you cant deny that, also you will say "its f2p also you can not demand them so much",yeah but they can invest in a new game engine with more current things, they actually can, I'm not trying to say that riot should switch the game to unreal engine or some game engine like source 2, because not everyone can afford a new pc but almost Almost mostly of us have a standard pc, but they can create a game engine cool and polished that does not require so many resources, obviously something better than wc3? .... anyways they can do it, they have the money, maybe they just want to squeeze players without spending so much, or they are not ambitious, i don think so, With a new engine they could sell new content also and get more money so why not? Maybe an answer?... we dont know.

Then Dota. Why im going to talk about this?
    im going just to resume, better graphics, better animations, better immersion( because of graphics of course ), better textures, And a very long list of things that makes feel better the experience playing this game.

PD: im skipping some things on dota that are important like supports rotation, buybacks, gold penalty... in LoL things like how jungle work, etc...i think you can only notice a difference by playing both games, also currently skipping changes on lol and dota recently because i dont have time for analyze them, all i can say is riot breaks the balance every patch weekly and releasing champs literally every month, they could actually balance the game pretty well without rushing patchs but riot doesnt care ffs ( rito pls )
    and for icefrog : why u do dis ?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Yuten View Post
    Dota 2. Though my heart is begging me to actually say:"DOTA 2 EZ GGWP!!!"

Well let's breakdown what "best" means:
    1) Overall enjoyment
    2) Game design
    3)Upkeep and Improvement
    4)Visuals (Graphics)
    5)Community and how it's controlled

I'm basing my analysis on these statistics supported by MY OWN thoughts.

I have sampled quite a lot of MOBA's but stuck with Dota 2 because it gave me a much better experience and enjoyment.

1) Being a warcraft all stars player Dota 2 has come a LONG way from it ancestor.
    I enjoyed All stars because it was, at a stage, the only one of its kind and became very skilled at it. After sampling Dota 2 and various other MOBA games, my heart still stuck to my "1st love" simply because Valve took an amazing game... and made it better.
    The graphics are better, mechanics are smoother and the community is larger... which means less waiting for matches and more playing.

2) The design of the game is flawless. There are very few bugs in the game and if one gets spotted, Valve quickly eradicates it to make the game fair. The fact that you have a hero that has no equal in the game makes it much more dynamic which contributes to anti picking (Making it way more competitive and sensitive).
    There is NO hero that cannot be countered because of the vast spells and items each hero has and can gain respectively. In LoL, 90% of all spells are AOE and Skill shots (Target Point) which I REALLY enjoy but it becomes redundant when every player has the option for a "flash" and can use it at any given time, Dota 2 wins in this sense and ironically makes hero positioning that much more valuable. There is so much more I could talk about with the mechanics of Dota 2 but eventually people are gonna get bored of all the reading. One thing I particularly love about Dota 2 is that if you are a newbee, or if you are part of the Clan "Newbee", you both have an exact 50% chance of winning. I don't like the way a player gets better stats that helps in game just because you've played longer than others... Dota 2 take real skill and skill only to be good in the game, not relying on a "+2% attack speed with every hero because your player level is 9". All of the above I believe is better than any other Moba.

3)There are a lot of Moba''s but Dota definitely has the most updates. Sometimes annoying but necessary. When an update arrives it's usually visual items and alterations with hero skills and in game shop items. The alterations are VERY sensitively applied if Valve feel a hero/item is a bit too week/powerful and 90% of the time, the community agrees with the updates.
    The visual items (sets) that come with the update are always gorgeous and most are affordable. What really caught me here is that there are THOUSANDS of items that are player created, giving people who have an artistic side a chance to grow their skill and make some money on the side. I have never been disconnected in Dota 2 due to server maintenance. If there is some to be done, you can continue your game and, once it's done, wait a very short while until the server is up and running again. One thing that I can say that I do NOT like about Dota 2 is that it takes a VERY long time to release new heroes, but with all my previous points I can wait .

4) Graphics, well I'll just summarize this one:
    Best graphics in a MOBA with ratio to its visual theme (Artwork is closest to the aimed style).
    Has the best GUI and Home screen vs other MOBAs.
    Players can customize GUI/HUD, Map Theme, Heroes, Map Weather.
    New to Dota 2 which I have yet to test is Dota VR which I expect will be amazing.

5) The Dota 2 community is full of all types of players like any MOBA. My main point in this section is to highlight that Dota 2 was only released in 2013, which makes it 3 years old, and it already has a much bigger player database than any other MOBA (including LoL which was released in 2009 making it 7 years old) If it wasn't the best MOBA, why are so many people playing it? xD
    There are Bans and Mutes and AFK bans and so forth. Dota 2 has a control system that cannot really be abused. There are Mutes and Bans and etc... but it will only take effect if a pattern occurs with a player so, don't swear or feed too much cuz you'll get restricted . If you feel you have been restricted for any reason, you can contact steam support and they will help you with how they feel is fair.

Overall Dota 2 is just an amazing game. I play every single day and I do so because it is extremely fun, I'm addicted to its competition, want to learn more about it and get better at it and meet new people from it.

I think many other people will agree with me after reading my essay xD.

Thank you for reading and all comments welcome within reason.

very detailed!

still DOTA2 is the best with a huge community.
    we love to play and have fun that's why were still here.

New ROGer Array

my vote go for Heroes of the Storm

New ROGer Array aluxdoni PC Specs
    aluxdoni PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)-
    Motherboard-
    Processor-
    Memory (part number)-
    Graphics Card #1-
    Graphics Card #2-
    Graphics Card #3-
    Graphics Card #4-
    Sound Card-
    Monitor-
    Storage #1-
    Storage #2-
    CPU Cooler-
    Case-
    Power Supply-
    Keyboard -
    Mouse -
    Headset -
    Mouse Pad -
    Headset/Speakers -
    OS -
    Network RouterTP-Link
    Accessory #1 -
    Accessory #2 -
    Accessory #3 -

neither is better

i personally prefer lol, but really games are about taste, so the best moba is the one you like more

New ROGer Array

Smile Best Moba game

Honestly I am not die hard MOBA Game player but for me DOTA 2 is much better than others. It looks more complicated and interesting than others.*

New ROGer Array

Cool Dota 2

I know there are some gamers loves LOL and DOTA 2 (like me) and I believed that everyone who played these games EXPERIENCED the best MOBA Game ever made. So Thank you so much DOTA 2 for giving the excitement and enjoyment and thanks to ROG GL552VX for making the game SPECTACULAR. GG!
    Last edited by Kazakr; 12-17-2016 at 04:28 PM.

Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast