cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debate of the best MOBA game, is it LoL, DOTA 2, or something else? [Battle #3]

Bahz
Level 12
UPDATE:
We'll be postponing the winners announcement to Dec 30th, the winners for Battle #3 will be posted up on ROG Website

The third battle is a new type of battle; it’s a “debate.” Share with us your thoughts on which game title you feel is the true champion of MOBA games. The obvious choices are LoL (League of Legends) and DOTA 2, but is there something else that belongs in this discussion?

This battle begins on December 8th 2016 at 8:00pm (UTC+8) and ends on December 22nd 2016 at 8:00pm (UTC+8).

Don’t just share your choice, tell us why and prove it with your passion for the game! Only one submission for this topic but you may discuss and debate with others to earn additional entries for the grand prize draw.

See prizes and complete rules below:

Biweekly battle topic prizes
1st Prize – ROG Goodies Box (filled with a ton of exclusive ROG swag)
2nd Prize – Mafia 3 Game Code (digital game code)
3rd Prize – Mafia 3 Game Code (digital game code)
4th Prize – Mafia 3 Game Code (digital game code)

Grand Prizes (draw will take place between January 5th 2017 – Janurary 11th 2017)

Rules

• Provide your answer on which game title you think is the best MOBA game and provide your reasoning and facts to back it up. Only entries that meet these criteria will be considered a valid entry.
  • Limit one entry per person for the biweekly prize draw but no limit for additional entries for the grand prize draw
  • Additional qualified replies/comments will earn you additional entries for the grand prize draw. All additional qualified replies/comments on this thread or the other 3 battle topic threads will be accepted as additional entries up until January 4th 2017
  • Qualified replies/comments must have substance and not 1-2 word replies and are helpful in carrying forward the discussion. The eligibility of each reply/comment will be determined by our ROG forum admins.
  • Winners will be announced on the ROG website 4 days after the conclusion of the battle (December 30th 2016).

For complete rules for this campaign, please visit the official campaign thread:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?88630-ROG-Forum-Battleground-Community-Campaign-OFFICIAL-T...
285 REPLIES 285

raptormigs
Level 7
Well, for me I really don't like to compare which one is the best MOBA game because I play DOTA, LoL and Smite. I chose Dota because it's my first ever MOBA game since when I was a kid. I started playing that game and I grew up with it seeing it get mature and improve ever since. I also remember that before we can buy Aegis hahaha. Defense of the Ancients 2 for me is the number one MOBA game because it is well-balanced. The heroes are awesome. They have unique skills that can be enhanced by buying items. You have to be the best at making strategies to be one of the top players out there. Maybe someday you'll see me play in Majors. That's my dream. DOTA 2 IS THE BEST MOBA GAME.

Smite is my favourite moba and i have played LoL Dota2 and heroes of the storm.I like it so much cuz im not a huge fan of mobas and smite is the moba for ppl who dont like mobas.

There is always this misconception that different MOBA players hate each other, but that's just a small majority of the community. We are after all gamers and thus most likely competitive in-game and in the real world, so we feel that need to compete with others regarding our titles we choose to play and love and that's what keeps our favorite titles on tip of there toes to impress and keeps the development cycle active giving us great games in return.

I've been playing DOTA since ice frog was the one and only king of MOBA. So as the game evolved I evolved with it and for me especially looking back I can't believe how far the game has come. For the amount of things that stayed the same, the things that changes just keeps me coming back for more. The excellent mechanics and balance (there has been issues 😮 ) and the community that just keeps getting bigger and bigger makes all the matches a challenge forcing you to up your game and adapt to a ever changing dynamic. That's why DOTA is king and so many other titles copied that same song and dance to compete with it on a global stage.

I haven't played MOBAs extensively before Heroes of the Storm alpha. I've tried wc3 DOTA and LOL, but they never "clicked" to me. Being a Blizzard fan, must have helped, but i found Hots very engaging and fun, without many of the aspects i didn't like in previous titles. I've been playing Hots ever since and game is still fun and fresh for me with the constant updates.

Still dota2 is the best. One of MOBA genre creator works on it. This game is completely free and open- all heroes are there for everyone to play. This game is more mature than others, no silly oversized boobs and silly childish skins because its seruius game with serijus character saving world. Also this is team game where in LOL one champion can win all game, in Dota2 only a team play can win. But i think most eill agree, Dota2 has been changed and not for the best. I dont play it for some time. I dont want to buy compendium all the time, but most prpblem is bad players where pkaying 1h match and 1 bad olayer in team and you start regret wasted time. I remember when game were in beta, so much good players, lot of events.

ygalion wrote:
Still dota2 is the best. One of MOBA genre creator works on it. This game is completely free and open- all heroes are there for everyone to play. This game is more mature than others, no silly oversized boobs and silly childish skins because its seruius game with serijus character saving world. Also this is team game where in LOL one champion can win all game, in Dota2 only a team play can win. But i think most eill agree, Dota2 has been changed and not for the best. I dont play it for some time. I dont want to buy compendium all the time, but most prpblem is bad players where pkaying 1h match and 1 bad olayer in team and you start regret wasted time. I remember when game were in beta, so much good players, lot of events.

still DOTA2 has a huge community and not all players are good but that's when you become complex to any situation even it is hard to blend to other player or bad player

ygalion wrote:

Ah yes, one of the things I dislike about League of Legends is that you have to buy the champions to be able to use them or wait for them to be available on the weekly rotation. While I understand that it's their way of discouraging players to use complicated champions, I still feel like making them available to practice whenever is a much better system. Hm, while League of Legends maybe easier to play then DOTA, I don't really believe that one champion can carry an entire team. Teamplay is still very important in League of Legends.

I've played Dota since 2007. There were no other MOBA games that was popular as Dota during that time, so I assume Dota is the first successful MOBA game internationally, especially in China and SEA region. Correct me if I'm wrong. So, for me, Dota 2 is the best MOBA games. There would be few reasons why I choose Dota 2, and they are:

1. The developer

Dota is one of the oldest MOBA games that always receive updates, and improvements since 2003. What really make the game stand out is that the developer listens to the player. They were plenty of developers involved in making this game, but the one that really listen and well known, is known as Ice Frog. What really make the game stand out is that the Dota community is deeply involved in the making of the game. I still remembered some of the heroes are made based on community's suggestion. One of the was Puck. For me, this is the reason why Dota is one of the game that stand strong until now.

2. Game mechanics

This will always be my first reason on why I played Dota 2. Dota 2 have a more complex mechanics. One of them is denying our own creeps to deny our enemy's gold and experience. This complex mechanics really make the game to have a very high degree of freedom to play. What I mean by that, there will be extremely large combinations of heroes and play styles that can win the game. Almost everything can work. This can be seen on competitive matches lately. Currently, out of 110 heroes pools in Captains mode that are possible to be picked, almost 95% of them are picked and this was just about matches from now like Boston Majors, to 8 months ago! This really shows that there are literally countless of possible combinations and all of them can work. They also keep adding and improving the mechanics.

3. Dota 2 community

Most games will have toxic players and I can't deny that. Even Dota 2 is one of them. But, most of the toxic players in Dota 2 are not like in the other games. Most of them are "funny" and made me laugh as Dota 2 community mostly made up of people that really like dank memes. Even some of the toxic behaviour get recorded and turned to be memes and get posted on the internet. I love this community, full of xd, ez game, mid or feed, etc. 😉

I can see this game will continue to grow in the future with the current trend.

danzzal wrote:
I've played Dota since 2007. There were no other MOBA games that was popular as Dota during that time, so I assume Dota is the first successful MOBA game internationally, especially in China and SEA region. Correct me if I'm wrong. So, for me, Dota 2 is the best MOBA games. There would be few reasons why I choose Dota 2, and they are:

1. The developer

Dota is one of the oldest MOBA games that always receive updates, and improvements since 2003. What really make the game stand out is that the developer listens to the player. They were plenty of developers involved in making this game, but the one that really listen and well known, is known as Ice Frog. What really make the game stand out is that the Dota community is deeply involved in the making of the game. I still remembered some of the heroes are made based on community's suggestion. One of the was Puck. For me, this is the reason why Dota is one of the game that stand strong until now.

2. Game mechanics

This will always be my first reason on why I played Dota 2. Dota 2 have a more complex mechanics. One of them is denying our own creeps to deny our enemy's gold and experience. This complex mechanics really make the game to have a very high degree of freedom to play. What I mean by that, there will be extremely large combinations of heroes and play styles that can win the game. Almost everything can work. This can be seen on competitive matches lately. Currently, out of 110 heroes pools in Captains mode that are possible to be picked, almost 95% of them are picked and this was just about matches from now like Boston Majors, to 8 months ago! This really shows that there are literally countless of possible combinations and all of them can work. They also keep adding and improving the mechanics.

3. Dota 2 community

Most games will have toxic players and I can't deny that. Even Dota 2 is one of them. But, most of the toxic players in Dota 2 are not like in the other games. Most of them are "funny" and made me laugh as Dota 2 community mostly made up of people that really like dank memes. Even some of the toxic behaviour get recorded and turned to be memes and get posted on the internet. I love this community, full of xd, ez game, mid or feed, etc. 😉

I can see this game will continue to grow in the future with the current trend.

Good points