• DOTA 2

161 55.33%
  • Other

49 16.84%
Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by shinz14 View Post
    definitely a good one opinion!
    but I didn't know that u can have like that commision based on sales when approved.
    didn't bother me bcoz I'm not good creating cosmetic seriously
    Yeah, you can even make some serious money even when you don't play professionally. That is why Dota 2 community consist of plenty talented artist and Valve really encouraging them more.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by HiVan View Post
    Oh wow, I didn't know they got the custom games from DotA 1 in DotA 2. Oh my god, those were the days. Treetag specifically is my favorite. I really should install DotA 2 soon, haha. I'll give it another shot. Though, DotA 2 requires better specs compared to LoL. I hope my PC will hold up. Wish me luck.
    They do have a lot of custom games that were from Dota 1 and Tree tag is one of them. The custom game is still new in Dota 2 so there might me some annoying bug, but that really depends on the developers of the custom games. But there are already plenty of great custom games, for example, Legion TD, Element TD, Troll vs Elves are great games with very little bug.

Dota 2 is really forgiving in term of PC performance. The settings are really flexible. You can adjust a lot of things especially the one that you wouldn't mind in low quality like shadows, etc. while gaining noticeable performance. Also, Dota 2 is a CPU demanding game, so, less chance for your CPU to bottleneck the performance (which is a good thing)

ROG Enthusiast Array DJFulcrum PC Specs
    DJFulcrum PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Aorus X7 v2
    MotherboardASUS H81-GAMER
    ProcessorIntel ® Core™ i7-4790
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance 8GB x 2 DDR3-1600MHz
    Graphics Card #1XFX AMD Radeon™ R9 280X Black Edition Double Dissipation
    Sound CardASUS SupremeFX
    MonitorASUS VE228H
    Storage #1SSD Crucial BX100 250GB
    Storage #2HDD WD Blue 1TB 7200 RPM - 64MB Cache
    CPU CoolerCM HYPER 212X
    CaseCorsair Carbide Series ® 200R
    Power SupplyCorsair CX Series™ CX750M
    Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum
    Mouse Corsair Gaming M65 RGB Laser Gaming Mouse
    Headset CM Storm Resonar
    Mouse Pad Razer Destructor Hard Gaming Mouse Mat
    Headset/Speakers Creative Inspire T6200 5.1 Speakers
    OS Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterTP-Link TD-W8960N
    Accessory #1 Logitech WingMan Extreme Digital 3D
    Accessory #2 Logitech WingMan Formula GP

Quote Originally Posted by HiVan View Post
    Funny you mentioned DotA 1, in our country a lot of people still plays it. In fact, there still are tournaments being held for DotA 1
    Is DOTA still supported, I have seen that the game is still widely played in Asian countries and parts elsewhere, but does the community input still result in patches or is the game EoL?

Top ROG Fan of 2016 Array Sh3pathome PC Specs
    Sh3pathome PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G501JW-DM454T
    MotherboardASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero
    ProcessorIntel i7-6700K
    Memory (part number)CMD16GX4M4A2666C16
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX980TI 20th Anniversary Gold Edition
    Graphics Card #2ASUS GTX980TI 20th Anniversary Gold Edition
    Graphics Card #3ASUS Strix GTX970
    Graphics Card #4ASUS GTX750
    Sound CardASUS Xonar Essence STX
    MonitorASUS VG248QE
    Storage #1Samsung 850 EVO
    Storage #2Crucial MX200
    CPU CoolerCorsair H110i
    CaseNZXT Phnatom 820
    Power SupplyCorsair HX-850i
    Keyboard ASUS ROG Claymore Core
    Mouse ASUS ROG Spatha
    Headset ASUS Strix Wireless
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM800
    Headset/Speakers AudioEngine A5+, AudioEngine S8
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterASUS RP-AC68U
    Accessory #1 ROG G20AJ
    Accessory #2 Zenfone 3 / Zenwatch 3

Quote Originally Posted by DJFulcrum View Post
    Is DOTA still supported, I have seen that the game is still widely played in Asian countries and parts elsewhere, but does the community input still result in patches or is the game EoL?
    As far as I know Icefrog always patched Dota 1 because a lot of people are still playing it, he always works on Dota 2 first though. I think this last major patch might have been the last update to Dota 1 because there is a lot to add and I don't know if it'll be even possible to get the talent trees working in Dota 1 (would be hard for some heroes).

In Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia and the other SEA countries people still play Dota 1 in net cafes even though Dota 2 is available. Although some PCs might not run it well there. Whatever makes them happy I guess, just shows how much people love Dota, or they aren't willing to let go haha.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by angelanz2 View Post
    Well, for me, it's always been DOTA 2, ive played dota since elementary school, that was when dota was based on warcraft 3 frozen throne. And now i really enjoyed DOTA 2 more than ever, it teaches you how to cooperate with people around Asia (since im Indonesian), there are lots of trashtalk most of the time during the game, but to me its what makes the game alive. Sometimes you argue the whole game about who's fault for causing the team to lose, no supports whatsoever. But yea then again, it's lively and fun. Other coll things about dota is that, there is never the strongest, either the person nor the DOTA heroes. In-game hero is always constantly changing (abilities, stats, and items) and there is absolutely no domination over who's the best player, cause its not a 1 on 1 game, its a 5 on 5, it requires team work.
    Tournaments are so far the biggest in fan and prize. And the thrill to be there watching, supporting, and cheering for your team is just one of those best memories you have. Even thought i personally dont get the chance to be at the International (biggest dota 2 tournaments), streaming the games at home with friends is simply joyful.
    Another cool thing about Dota is that you can also play some sort of mini games or custom game, in which you can either create a game or play someone else's game. There is also a custom made items for in-game heroes. This feature lets you create and design items as much as you imagine, then upload it to DOTA 2 community for voting, and highest vote get their items to be featured and posted for selling.
    Last but not least, the game. It has many things in common compared to LoL or HON, only to me, DOTA requires more skills and mostly teamwork. The map are mostly the same. DOTA heroes are harder to control and master (meepo, invoker, magnus,etc). No matter how skilled you are, or how high your reflexes is, it still goes down to team communication, initiation, and plans. But dont get me wrong though, individual skills also matters, like alot. The graphics are way better than LoL and HON, which makes your eyes glittering with astonishment.
    I've learned many so far with DOTA, including english, patience, solving situation, how to lead, carry and sometimes be the sidekick of the game, and not to give up even in most desperate times.
    So, i hope this inspire you in the least to sneak a peek on DOTA for those of you who hasn't got their hands on DOTA and try the game. And Chill, there's also a ranked system called MMR, a bit challenging i suppose. Thats it from me, see ya.

we all start from DOTA 1and when DOTA 2 appear in the scene, it was great to have a dedicated valve team to develop and enchance the game we love <3

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Sh3pathome View Post
    As far as I know Icefrog always patched Dota 1 because a lot of people are still playing it, he always works on Dota 2 first though. I think this last major patch might have been the last update to Dota 1 because there is a lot to add and I don't know if it'll be even possible to get the talent trees working in Dota 1 (would be hard for some heroes).

In Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia and the other SEA countries people still play Dota 1 in net cafes even though Dota 2 is available. Although some PCs might not run it well there. Whatever makes them happy I guess, just shows how much people love Dota, or they aren't willing to let go haha.
    Yep, I can attest to that. I am from the Philippines and a lot of people are still playing DotA 1. Most of them are saying that DotA 2 just feels very different, that's why they didn't shift to DotA 2.

New ROGer Array

Controversy

I started off with league of legends after playing COD2 for 6 years. It was enjoyable, the mechanics easy to understand but hard to master. After playing with it for months i felt like this game might be something i'd enjoy for years, but the community was getting worse and worse. I simply stopped caring and therefore deleted the game (this was before the pick system was introduced). I moved over to CS:GO and OVERWATCH after. OW had this prize, if you played Blizzard's other title - Heroes of the storm- you'd get a skin in OW. I tried the game, the community was helpful enough, but the game felt like Blizzard was ******* their own d. Naming the base Hearthstone, heroes are characters from other blizzard titles... felt cheap. DOTA 2 on the other hand.. I only heard good things about it. Any recommendations for someone who hasn't played it yet?

New ROGer Array

I voted for LoL

Simply because it's my first MOBA, and the one with better memories. When you don't have many friends, the time you spend playing together is so important: it makes you feel better, appreciated and usually happier (when you don't rage-quit, of course ). I am, and always be, the noob, but this game will always be linked to some of my best memories because when you play with people you like you don't care about scores, you just go on and have a laugh whenever you are killed or you are so inefficient that your whole team loses because of you. And that's why I'll never be a professional gamer!

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by markbugzz View Post
    DOTA 2. simple as that
    nice!
    direct to the point but say something awesome like DOTA2 is number 1

New ROGer Array

in my opinion its League of Legends. the largest factor is because it's very fun to play and just meets my thoughts and on top of this it's free to play. yes, there are shops but you dont need to buy anything to stay competitive

also it's a very deep game, not just hack and slay style, it's very strategic

and last but not least the developers are very user friendly and caring. they really care for the game and update it very often

Greets from Germany.

Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast