81 27.84%
  • DOTA 2

161 55.33%
  • Other

49 16.84%
Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by spartan_hoplite View Post
    DOTA 2 may be the most popular MOBA games, but I think the graphic is already outdated. Now I love Paragon more because the graphic is really nice with the latest Unreal Engine 4 technology.
    You can play Dota2 with low ends PC/Laptop( dual core, dx10 vga and 4gb Ram will runs fine) but to play Paragon you definitely need a ROG Class Laptop/PC.
    My point is, if you have ROG PC/laptop then what for you keep spending more time with old DX10 games when there is a newer better games. We need to move on.
    There's reason for that. Not everyone could afford high end gaming rig. There's a survey that Steam conducted, and guess what, the most used GPU is GTX 970, which is at 4.9% of the overall players and it's still extremely small. Based on current trend, GTX 750 Ti will take over that place soon. Here's the link to the conducted survey: http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/

My main point is, they don't make Dota 2 graphic outdated without any logical reasons. They set a constraint to game graphics at specific level, (preferable lowest as possible but not too low), thus lowering the barrier to entry, so that more players can play the game, even with potato rig. Even when you want to create a cosmetic item, there's specific number of polygons allowed before you can submit it into the game. Being able to reach out more players is much more important than having a good graphics. But that's my opinion, feel free to give your own
    Last edited by danzzal; 12-09-2016 at 08:10 AM. Reason: Grammar mistake

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by spartan_hoplite View Post
    DOTA 2 may be the most popular MOBA games, but I think the graphic is already outdated. Now I love Paragon more because the graphic is really nice with the latest Unreal Engine 4 technology.
    You can play Dota2 with low ends PC/Laptop( dual core, dx10 vga and 4gb Ram will runs fine) but to play Paragon you definitely need a ROG Class Laptop/PC.
    My point is, if you have ROG PC/laptop then what for you keep spending more time with old DX10 games when there is a newer better games. We need to move on.
    Well I'll need to disagree with you there. Dota 2 had a recent complete engine update called "Reborn". Dota 2 Reborn was released on September 09, 2015. With the new engine Valve could've changed whatever they wanted in terms of graphics but kept most of it the same allowing people with a lower budget to be able to play aswell, not just the wealthy community.

ROG Member Array

yeah nice.. player's enjoyment is most important, and despite what some people think of DOTA's bad graphics, it still wins the day (20+ millions dollar in the international total prize pool), i mean it sure is reassuring that DOTA is the best, most-played, and top ranking MOBA in the world. Just saying, no offense

ROG Enthusiast Array DJFulcrum PC Specs
    DJFulcrum PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Aorus X7 v2
    MotherboardASUS H81-GAMER
    ProcessorIntel ® Core™ i7-4790
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance 8GB x 2 DDR3-1600MHz
    Graphics Card #1XFX AMD Radeon™ R9 280X Black Edition Double Dissipation
    Sound CardASUS SupremeFX
    MonitorASUS VE228H
    Storage #1SSD Crucial BX100 250GB
    Storage #2HDD WD Blue 1TB 7200 RPM - 64MB Cache
    CPU CoolerCM HYPER 212X
    CaseCorsair Carbide Series ® 200R
    Power SupplyCorsair CX Series™ CX750M
    Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum
    Mouse Corsair Gaming M65 RGB Laser Gaming Mouse
    Headset CM Storm Resonar
    Mouse Pad Razer Destructor Hard Gaming Mouse Mat
    Headset/Speakers Creative Inspire T6200 5.1 Speakers
    OS Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterTP-Link TD-W8960N
    Accessory #1 Logitech WingMan Extreme Digital 3D
    Accessory #2 Logitech WingMan Formula GP

The best MOBA, not an original, but a new entry to the genre, Paragon.

Why Paragon? Though a game still in development, but playable, it is rich with what is missing in the traditional mix. It is competitively paced, it promotes teamwork and allows a player to customise his/her own individual playstyle. It took the good elements which made its competitors shine, and improved on them. It is the best game in its MOBA stable as opposed to the lacklustre Battleborn.

Since the game is still in development there is much to resolve, especially the balance, but the cards, character and Paragon points add a uniqueness to the overall quality. It also speaks to FPS players which is unreluctantly to place their time at MOBA’s like LoL and Dota2, like me which had a disastrous experience at LoL.

From strength to strength.

ROG Enthusiast Array DJFulcrum PC Specs
    DJFulcrum PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Aorus X7 v2
    MotherboardASUS H81-GAMER
    ProcessorIntel ® Core™ i7-4790
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance 8GB x 2 DDR3-1600MHz
    Graphics Card #1XFX AMD Radeon™ R9 280X Black Edition Double Dissipation
    Sound CardASUS SupremeFX
    MonitorASUS VE228H
    Storage #1SSD Crucial BX100 250GB
    Storage #2HDD WD Blue 1TB 7200 RPM - 64MB Cache
    CPU CoolerCM HYPER 212X
    CaseCorsair Carbide Series ® 200R
    Power SupplyCorsair CX Series™ CX750M
    Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum
    Mouse Corsair Gaming M65 RGB Laser Gaming Mouse
    Headset CM Storm Resonar
    Mouse Pad Razer Destructor Hard Gaming Mouse Mat
    Headset/Speakers Creative Inspire T6200 5.1 Speakers
    OS Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterTP-Link TD-W8960N
    Accessory #1 Logitech WingMan Extreme Digital 3D
    Accessory #2 Logitech WingMan Formula GP

Quote Originally Posted by nikiking View Post
    Smite is my favourite moba and i have played LoL Dota2 and heroes of the storm.I like it so much cuz im not a huge fan of mobas and smite is the moba for ppl who dont like mobas.
    I never quite got into Smite… For the very same reason you have listed Smite is the reason that I have listed Paragon.

ROG Member Array

LoL > DOTA2

In my opinion, i think LoL is better than DOTA2. I've played LoL for 2 years and played DOTA2 maybe only 10 games. For the gameplay,I think LoL harder than DOTA2. Coz, LoL prioritizing Skill first. For the example skillshot on LoL you have to aim the target manually. Another case in Dota2 you can use skillshot automatically (my experience playing Luna Moonfang). So, in this case i think DOTA2 easier than LoL.
    Other reason why i love to play LoL is there are many interesting changes each patch(buff/nerf to champion skill/item) which is made that game more interesting. I dont know DOTA2 has same / more interesting features than LoL.
    Thanks for reading my opinion, all comments welcome within reason.

Sorry for my bad English 😞😞😞

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by Xxzero0000 View Post
    In my opinion, i think LoL is better than DOTA2. I've played LoL for 2 years and played DOTA2 maybe only 10 games. For the gameplay,I think LoL harder than DOTA2. Coz, LoL prioritizing Skill first. For the example skillshot on LoL you have to aim the target manually. Another case in Dota2 you can use skillshot automatically (my experience playing Luna Moonfang). So, in this case i think DOTA2 easier than LoL.
    Other reason why i love to play LoL is there are many interesting changes each patch(buff/nerf to champion skill/item) which is made that game more interesting. I dont know DOTA2 has same / more interesting features than LoL.

Sorry for my bad English ������
    Finally a LoL die-hard shows up, I hope the tides start turning back a little. I was expecting to see more 50/50 action between LoL and DOTA 2.

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by DJFulcrum View Post
    The best MOBA, not an original, but a new entry to the genre, Paragon.

Why Paragon? Though a game still in development, but playable, it is rich with what is missing in the traditional mix. It is competitively paced, it promotes teamwork and allows a player to customise his/her own individual playstyle. It took the good elements which made its competitors shine, and improved on them. It is the best game in its MOBA stable as opposed to the lacklustre Battleborn.

Since the game is still in development there is much to resolve, especially the balance, but the cards, character and Paragon points add a uniqueness to the overall quality. It also speaks to FPS players which is unreluctantly to place their time at MOBA’s like LoL and Dota2, like me which had a disastrous experience at LoL.

From strength to strength.
    Interesting, I totally never heard about Paragon before, guess it's a good time to check it out.

ROG Member Array seirafrncsc PC Specs
    seirafrncsc PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus X555LN, Asus X550LB, Asus ROG GL 553VD FY019T
    MotherboardAsus ROG STRIX X99 Gaming
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-6800K 3.40 GHz 6-Core 15M Broadwell-E Processor
    Memory (part number)2X8GB G.SKILL Trident Z RGB
    Graphics Card #1Asus GTX 1070 Strix Gaming 8GB OC
    Monitor2x Asus VP228NE 21.5" LED 1920×1080 1ms Monitor
    Storage #1Zotac 120GB SSD, 1TB Seagate SSHD Firecuda
    Storage #2Western Digital Caviar Blue 2TB WD10EZEX
    CPU CoolerID Cooling Auraflow 120
    CaseINWIN 303 ROG
    Power SupplyCorsair RM1000x 80+ Gold Full Modular Power Supply
    Keyboard Asus ROG GK2000 HORUS RGB
    Mouse Asus ROG Gladius II
    Headset Razer Man O' War Wireless
    Mouse Pad Asus ROG Sheath, Asus GM50 XL
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Accessory #1 6x IDCOOLING SP12025 RGB
    Accessory #2 Razer Base Station Chroma

Dota 2

Dota 2, why? Because Pendragon ruined Leauge of Legend's reputation since from its release.

ROG Member Array seirafrncsc PC Specs
    seirafrncsc PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus X555LN, Asus X550LB, Asus ROG GL 553VD FY019T
    MotherboardAsus ROG STRIX X99 Gaming
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-6800K 3.40 GHz 6-Core 15M Broadwell-E Processor
    Memory (part number)2X8GB G.SKILL Trident Z RGB
    Graphics Card #1Asus GTX 1070 Strix Gaming 8GB OC
    Monitor2x Asus VP228NE 21.5" LED 1920×1080 1ms Monitor
    Storage #1Zotac 120GB SSD, 1TB Seagate SSHD Firecuda
    Storage #2Western Digital Caviar Blue 2TB WD10EZEX
    CPU CoolerID Cooling Auraflow 120
    CaseINWIN 303 ROG
    Power SupplyCorsair RM1000x 80+ Gold Full Modular Power Supply
    Keyboard Asus ROG GK2000 HORUS RGB
    Mouse Asus ROG Gladius II
    Headset Razer Man O' War Wireless
    Mouse Pad Asus ROG Sheath, Asus GM50 XL
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Accessory #1 6x IDCOOLING SP12025 RGB
    Accessory #2 Razer Base Station Chroma

Quote Originally Posted by Xxzero0000 View Post

Sorry for my bad English 😞😞😞
    Initiating a skill or skill shot in dota 2 depends on which hero/champion you are using, I play both games (around 4800 hrs on dota, around 500 hrs on LoL and to add, maybe around 6000 hours on dota 1 which is both LoL and dota 2's base game). LoL is fun and fast paced because the game mechanics are pretty much easier than dota.Dota/dota 2's game mechanics are harder, can't explain cause there are tons of reasons, there are even pro games reaching 2 hours. Also both games surely do those interesting changes which are both the same.

Conclusions is:

1. Both game came from 1 root which is dota 1.

2. I think it's not that valid to compare LoL and DotA 2 since they are different from each other, they have vast differences on game mechanics.

3. Both are fun

4. For me, Both LoL and DotA 2 communities are currently supporting each other, which is supposed to be from the start.

5. As of now, due to recent patches of both LoL and DotA 2, DotA 2 is currently the best MOBA game. This might change in the future since most games are evolving thru time.

Sidenote: Most Dota 2 Community is hating LoL because of the pendragon incident, if it didn't happen, both community will be at peace and will be called literally sister games because of their root.

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast