• LoL

81 27.84%
  • DOTA 2

161 55.33%
  • Other

49 16.84%
Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

I think DOTA2 requires more teamwork, so it's more entertaining to watch. Solo skill is great, but there's nothing like watching a team pull together like clockwork.

New ROGer Array

wow I thought LoL would have more votes with how popular it is by sheer numbers, seems like I'm under the wrong impression, at least in the rog forum. Anyway, for me it's DotA \m/ I just like the mechanics better.

New ROGer Array

The best moba is DOTA2

For me the best MOBA is DOTA2.
    It is the first MOBA i played and i believe all other MOBA copied the main concept from this game.
    But unlike other MOBA there are three things that will make DOTA2 stand-out from the rest.

1.) META
    - The heropool in DOTA2 is huge and every hero can be played in different ways. Laning and itemization of heroes deepely varies, you can play a certain hero in different roles. There are also different strategies you can use to win the game.

2.) Balancing
    - I think on of the best asset of DOTA2 is having Icefrog as the main developer as he always find ways to balance heroes thru minimal changes and without breaking or changing the hero concept.

3.) Community support
    I think the DOTA2 community is the best compared to other MOBA community as shown by the support in "The International" tournaments as we always manage to surpass the crowdfunded prizepool every year and make it the highest prizepool for esport every yaer.

ROG Member Array

HT.cruz...........from phillipines ......LOL and DOTA 2

Defense of the Ancients 2

DotA 2 is free-to-play PC game released by Valve in 2013. This game is the sequel to Defense of the Ancients (2003) which was a mod for Warcraft III. The development of DotA2 started in 2009 and its beta version was open to the public in 2011. In DotA 2 two five-players teams compete to destroy the stronghold of the rival team called "The Ancient". The game has a top-down isometric 3D view. Each player controls a hero with its own particular skills, powers and style of play. There are 110 different heroes organized in three groups according to their main attribute: Agility, Intelligence or Strength. During a game heroes collect gold, rewards and level up and unlock new abilities which they can use to defeat the rival team. Typically a DotA 2 match lasts 40-50 minutes. DotA 2 is one of the leading competitive videogames which has managed to get over one million players online simultaneously. "The International" is a DotA 2 specific competition which in 2015 has set a new record with a prize pool of over $18 million. "Evil Geniuses", the professional team of gamers which won the "The International", got over $6 million in prizes.

League of Legends

League of Legends (LoL) was developed by Riot Games and launched in 2009. As DotA 2, LoL is based on Defense of the Ancients. The gameplay and mechanics of League of Legends are similar to those of DotA 2. This is 5v5 3D real-time strategy multiplayer game. The typical length of a LoL match ranges from 30 to 50 minutes. Players control champions (more than 120 available) who need to teamwork in order to destroy the other team's "Nexus" or capture and defend some strategic locations on the game map. League of Legends characters also loot items and gold, and level up improving their powers and skills. League of Legends is not only the most played multiplayer online battle arena game, but also the most played PC game, beating Counter-Strike, Fallout 4, DotA 2 and World of Warcraft. In 2014 over 67 million people played LoL monthly, reaching peaks of 7.5 million concurrent players.

League of Legends is more accessible than DotA 2, which has a deepest learning curve and is a more punishing game. For instance, in DotA 2 when your character is killed you lose gold. LoL has better tutorials to learn how to play.
    In DotA 2 all heroes are free while in League of Legends there are 10 free heroes every week and the rest of them need to be purchased in-game.
    The design of characters in DotA 2 is slightly darker than in LoL which follows a more colorful comics style.
    Level cap for champions in LoL is 18, and for heroes in DotA 2 is 25.
    Skills are more important in DotA 2 and more difficult to use them correctly.
    League of Legends has four maps: Summoner's Rift, Twisted Treeline, Howling Abyss, and Crystal Scar. DotA 2 has only one.

ROG Member Array

You also can watch on how far Dota has come from this cool video by Valve. IMO, The high quality presentation alone already shows how they really care about the games and their players. From patches to patches, slowly making the game more interesting and balanced.

http://cdn.dota2.com/apps/dota2/vide...countdown.webm

New ROGer Array

Dota 2 the best Moba

For me the best MOBA game is dota2 because since i was a kid I started playing this game. I see enhance feauture time to time until the game upgraded to DOTA 2. This game is Awesome!!.

ROG Member Array

I wouldn't say there is a "best"

It's simply just preference and with which you grew up with.
    It's quite the same with the mobile phones. Like Android and Apple. You like what you grew up with and mostly despise the other one.
    I grew up with League of Legends and I do like the game for sure, even though there are a lot of toxic players, but even in Dota2 there are a lot. You might just not realise it, because you're either not playing with them, they are not communicating or the percentage is less than in LoL. Which is fine and obviously tends to poeple having more fun if not flamed for a stupid mistake or a bad game.
    I have been trying out Dota2, but for me there is too much to consider, the map is packed with way too much stuff. In this case I like it simple, even though I like more complex rpgs. But once again, it's all prefernces

The discussions concerning which MOBA is the best mostly ends in a three sided argument.

1) The ones who like LoL and just try to bring down Dota2 with the most idiotic arguments ever.
    2) The ones who like Dota2 and just try to bring down LoL with the most idiotic arguments ever.
    3) The ones who either like another MOBA or actually do like Dota2 or LoL, but don't mind others to be happy with the exact opposite.

I truly hope for this discussion not to end like that.

Just to repeat myself once again:
    --in my opinion--

Yes, there are more toxic players in LoL than in Dota2, but hey, there's a mute button and suddenly you don't even have to think about those toxic players any more.

The maps are quite different.
    The map of LoL is simple, not too much fancy stuff (even though it seems like they are trying to add some stuff to the map)
    The map of Dota2 is compley, there are more ways to get from point A to B and you at least some champions can even eat the map. Not the whole map of course, but as far as I remember I played a champ who was able to eat the trees, which were part of the map and normally they functioned like walls. (which is in fact a quite interessting ability)

The champs are obviously different and at the same time they do have lots of similarities. Not all champs of course.
    As far as I know Dota2 has a bigger pool of champs, but as far as I know it's quite obvious, because Dota2 has been there longer than LoL.
    LoL has a smaller champion pool, but is steadly bringing out new champs as well as Dota2 is.
    Every champ has their own lore and their own abilities. Sometimes even the abilities of champions inside the same game do have similarities. The fantasy of game producers sadly knows limits and at some point you just need a new head for a completly new setup of abilites.
    But in the end, both games have champions with abilites. It's a MOBA after all.

The graphics are totally different.
    As some mentioned before already. In LoL the graphics are obviously unreal. Not in the way that it is not a real world (obviously...), but in the way that you couldn't place an object of LoL inside the real world, because everyone would notice right away that something is not right.
    In Dota2 the grapics are more realistic. Champions, Monsters and Creeps aside. Some objects could be placed in the real world and nobody would notice, because it looks quite the same.

And in the end it all comes down to the preferences again.
    Overall I like LoL more than Dota2, but I obviously don't mind anyone preferring it the other way around.
    I even like Smite, but only because of you being able to play in fist person.

And I'm sorry to say so, but in my opinion, whoever is trying to talk a game bad is simply being toxic. It's just the first stage and not as bad as we always remember those toxic players in the game.

Thanks for reading

New ROGer Array

LoL

Well for me i would say LoL is the best MOBA. I have been playing league of about 4 years now and would say i like it a lot. I tried DOTA 2 but there is way to many updates and the gameplay wasn't that fun (not trying to make anyone angry) but i think it's just what you like and sticks with you. I'm open to try any game but if i dont like it I wont play it for long. Don't have much to say but league stuck with me and im still playing it because each game is different with different types of ways to build your char. Thats what i like.

ROG Enthusiast Array Sheltem PC Specs
    Sheltem PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS G752VS-GB139T
    MotherboardIntel® CM236 Express Chipset
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-6820HK (2.7GHz @ 3.4GHz -80.1mV adaptive, 8MB Cache, 4 cores, HT)
    Memory (part number)4x Samsung 16GB DDR4-2400MHz (M471A2K43BB1-CRC)
    Graphics Card #1ASUS NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (1493/2077/1695 MHz, 8GB GDDR5 [Samsung])
    Monitoracer Predator X34 (Curved 34", UWQHD 3440x1440@100Hz, IPS, G-Sync)
    Storage #1Toshiba NVMe THNSN5512GPU7 TO (SSD, 512 GB)
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 1TB (SSD, SATA3)
    Keyboard Logitech G910 (Orion Spark)
    Mouse Logitech PRO
    Mouse Pad Logitech G440
    Headset/Speakers Edifier S330D
    OS Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
    Network RouterLinksys WRT1900AC (Stock OS)
    Accessory #1 TP-LINK SG1005D

Outsider's PoV

Well, personally I never liked the RTT genre (real time tactics, most of the games that claim RTS are actually badly disguised RTT, e.g. Blitzkrieg, from better known that would be AoE, SC/SC2), hence I didn't really get sucked in by MOBAs and personally prefer Smite, which is "kind of" different. At least it isn't directly comparable, as focus is placed on different things than in LoL, for example.

However, I have played my share of early Dota 2, RoI, LoL, HoN. Seeing how Dota 2 has been turned to move straight towards making the gameplay to be as much as LoL as possible, I would have to admit that LoL is definitely the pinnacle of the genre. Although if we had to compare the two, I liked Dota 2 better. Now they are both moving straight towards convergence, so it doesn't really matter.

All in all, Smite ftw xD

ROG Enthusiast Array

Being the best is something subjective. However, I believe that there are two types of MOBA game players or video game players in general. The first type are people who just plays leisurely, use video games as entertainment, while the second type are people who want a big challenge, who want a more complex and more competitive game. League of Legends and DOTA 2 are both the best for Type A and Type B players, respectively.

League of Legends can be challenging but at the same time, it is not very complex, it can easily be learned and therefor can easily be enjoyed. I have played League of Legends for many years and I must say that it is not that hard, I'm sure if I invest more time in it, I can definitely climb the ranks.

In League of Legends you can easily focus on farming because compared to DOTA 2, players cannot kill their own minion, denying their opponent the last hit, and making it harder for them to get gold. In League of Legends you can easily kite your opponent because there is no such thing as turn rate, unlike in DOTA 2, where there's a delay before your character can change direction and walk. There is no creep stacking in League of Legends, making it easy for supports to just focus on their lane, instead of doing something tricky just to give more gold for their teammates. Mages (AP) won't have to worry about magic-immune targets (BKB) so they can easily just spam their skills.

But with that all said, my final say would depend on what kind of player I am. So what kind of player am I? I am the type that don't want to play games that are easy. I want a game that has complex mechanics. So even if I have played League of Legends for years and even though I have never really tried out DOTA 2 yet. I personally would say the DOTA 2 is the best for me. This answer is based on my analysis and my personal taste and category of types of players, I decided to be unbiased about this. So yes, I would say DOTA 2 is the best for me, or rather, it would have been the best if I hadn't spend my time on League of Legends.

Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast