cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Sica mouse bricked by rog armoury

M11C
Level 10

the ROG Sica mouse.
When i first got it, I plugged it in and it seemed to be working fine.
Then i went ahead and downloaded the rog armoury driver, installed, updated.
Suddenly the mouse wansn't responding. I gave it the benefit of the doubt and restarted my computer, after trying different usb ports.
Still no responce, and now it wasn't even showing up under devices in computer manager.
So 30 min. after unboxing the thing the driver software had bricked this brand new mouse.

TL,DR; The ROG Armoury software seems to have bricked my ROG Sica... GJ Asus.

Watercooling FTW :cool:

"essentially one of the most hardcore overclocking motherboards ever made."
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2014/03/24/asus_rampage_iv_black_edition_motherboard_review/7
2 REPLIES 2

Conroy
Level 7
I seem to have the same problem but with the spartha working for 5 minutes then downloaded armoury and it doesnt event light up anymore only works when plugged in but its very limited no lights mouse moves around by itself, not sure what to do now im thinking of taking it back from where i got it.

Chris92VN
Level 8
M11C wrote:

Suddenly the mouse wansn't responding. I gave it the benefit of the doubt and restarted my computer, after trying different usb ports.

This is where it went wrong!
I could say, it is your own action!
I did download ROG Armoury, update firmware(1.03 as OEM to 1.04).
The mouse did stop working for a moment(roughly 1 minutes). Actually, Armoury software sent a batch of programming code to the mouse, erased existing firmware and installed new firmware, set up new config. During the process, due to erased firmware, you have no control to your mouse(it stopped working and did not show up in Device Manager) until your mouse have proper firmware installed.
Obviously, I assume you disconnected your mouse and restarted Windows during the update process, ultimately, leading into bricking your firmware.
I recommend you to RMA it.