cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I replace the right touchpad key on G751JY?

Swampthing
Level 8
Unfortunately the right key underneath my touchpad popped off one day during some heavy gaming, and I have been completely confused about how to reinstall it. Does anyone know how to replace the key? it's one of the parallalagram keys. Ideally a video would be nice, but I haven't been able to find anything on YouTube or here. Almost all the videos refer to regular keys, not the touchpad keys which look very different underneath.
Asus Strix G733QSA-XS99-17.3-Inch Gaming Laptop
GeForce RTX 3080, AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX
360Hz 3ms 17.3” Full HD 1920x1080 IPS-Type Display
Razer Deathadder v2 Mouse
Verizon FiOS: Gigabit connection
4 REPLIES 4

Armesis
Level 10
Im not an expert on laptops, but i think you should just send it to an authorized repair center (if its still under warranty). These laptops arent cheap and ive read a story on this forum about how some guy literally broke his ROG laptop after disassembling it. When he put it back together, it would not boot.

Armesis wrote:
Im not an expert on laptops, but i think you should just send it to an authorized repair center (if its still under warranty). These laptops arent cheap and ive read a story on this forum about how some guy literally broke his ROG laptop after disassembling it. When he put it back together, it would not boot.

Thanks, but that seems like overkill simply to re-fit a key into it's own *socket. *I can understand if there was a missing key, but I have it in hand and just need to see how to reinstall it. *
Asus Strix G733QSA-XS99-17.3-Inch Gaming Laptop
GeForce RTX 3080, AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX
360Hz 3ms 17.3” Full HD 1920x1080 IPS-Type Display
Razer Deathadder v2 Mouse
Verizon FiOS: Gigabit connection

I have the same problem - the key just popped off - did you manage to sort this out yourself? Any tips on how to do it?

Thanks! *

Lubna
Level 9
I would use the official ASUS technical service.
Here are parts of the notebook keyboard you say.

Asusparts