cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus HERO MH8 & 960 EVO SAMSUNG

Mentas
Level 7
Simple question is there any special procedure or bios changes to install the Samsung 960 evo pcie on the m.2 slot ?

note* have two more sdd´s on the sata intel controller, No sdd´s installed on ASMEDIA
17 REPLIES 17

Severan
Level 8
Sata 0 and 1 are disabled when a m.2 is in use, iirc. Just read the manual, it's all there.

Severan wrote:
Sata 0 and 1 are disabled when a m.2 is in use, iirc. Just read the manual, it's all there.

I read the manual, but things change, The manual also states that disabled sata 0 and 1 are disabled when using a m.2 sata is in use and not a pcie drive witch uses different lanes and a different controller

Severan wrote:

Asus calls them SATA 1 and 2. Not SATA 0 and 1.

The info you provided is also incorrect only SATA 1 is disabled when m.2 is in use. There is an error in the manual, if you read the fine print on the webpage for the board on asus's site it is correct there.

I use SATA 2 and have an m.2 Samsung 850 evo (SATA) on my m8 hero.

Strife21 wrote:
Asus calls them SATA 1 and 2. Not SATA 0 and 1.

The info you provided is also incorrect only SATA 1 is disabled when m.2 is in use. There is an error in the manual, if you read the fine print on the webpage for the board on asus's site it is correct there.

I use SATA 2 and have an m.2 Samsung 850 evo (SATA) on my m8 hero.

As a Samsung 960 Pro 1tb owner I can tell you that SATA 1 (aka SATA 0 and 1) is not disabled when using a M.2 PCIe SSD. I have 2 OCZ Vertex 4 256gb SSDs running off my SATA 1 and they are even in a RAID 0 array.

Jagdseelen wrote:
As a Samsung 960 Pro 1tb owner I can tell you that SATA 1 (aka SATA 0 and 1) is not disabled when using a M.2 PCIe SSD. I have 2 OCZ Vertex 4 256gb SSDs running off my SATA 1 and they are even in a RAID 0 array.

Right. When using M.2 Pcie (Nvme) you don''t have to do anything. Bios will automatically configure the SSD 960. And ALL SATA ports will be available. It uses Pciexpress lane.

The SATA port 1is disabled only when using M.2 in SATA mode.

If you use SSD Pcie x4 like Intel and install it in PCie 3 slot you must adjust the Pcie port in bios so it uses x4. Auto will not work.

FuryA
Level 8
hi Mentas
just install to M.2 slot and into bios to switch SATA to M.2 option

FuryA@ASUS wrote:
hi Mentas
just install to M.2 slot and into bios to switch SATA to M.2 option

I saw no such option can you tell me where. thanks

Strife21
Level 7
It should auto detect what type of m.2 device it is I dont think you have to do anything special.

Mentas
Level 7
You wrong m.2 sata are disabled but not using a pcie drive