cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPU Tweak won't launch with windows when booting from cold

SpriggsyGaming
Level 7
I have an issue with ASUS GPU Tweak where it will only launch with windows when the system is restarted. If I boot from cold it will not launch with windows.
This is completely baffling, does anyone know how to fix this?
I am running windows 10 pro and v1.3.9.7 of GPU Tweak II
My GPU Is the ASUS STRIX GTX970

Full Specs:
Intel I7 4790k
ASUS Maximus 7 Hero
16GB DDR3 RAM
ASUS STRIX GTX970
Windows 10 PRO Version 1607 Build 14393.447
30 REPLIES 30

Tavo_Ventura
Level 7
same issue here, hope can be fixed in a new version.

Detleg
Level 12

Detleg wrote:
1.4.0.8 is out now guys

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/vga/app/GPUTweak2_Ver1408.zip?_ga=1.171369760.1284355158.1480535366

I am using the latest version and still have this issue

I also have this issue.

Restart = GPU Tweak starts.
Cold start = I have to manually start GPU Tweak.

I just did a clean install of Windows 10. No other asus software installed.

GPU Tweak 2 version: 1.4.0.8

I have the same problem. I have a Z170 Pro Gaming mobo and 1070 Strix. I have the latest AI suite and GPU Tweak II running on Win 10 Pro x64. A friend of mine is also using a nearly identical build and he's having the same issue on his setup.

Since last update, win 10 only lets signed drivers run. This is something Asus need to fix as the change to only accepting signed device drivers was made a year ago and Microsoft only just started enforcing it. Asus needs to release a new version compatible with the latest version of Windows 10 and this problem will go away.

Similar thing happens with samsung Magician software currently, the drivers aren't signed so win 10 refuses to run them.

Source

soo.. fingers crossed.

i liek turtals wrote:
I have the same problem. I have a Z170 Pro Gaming mobo and 1070 Strix. I have the latest AI suite and GPU Tweak II running on Win 10 Pro x64. A friend of mine is also using a nearly identical build and he's having the same issue on his setup.

Source

soo.. fingers crossed.

I use 2 2 samsung ssd 850 and 840 evo and magician is already updated , working fine, now asus need to do the same.

I think it's problem with UAC. It blocks any program in my autostart folder. I had problem with roccat talk and gpu tweak... so i disabled uac and everything works like a harm.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

locate the EnableLUA key and change value from 1 to 0

I'm pretty sure asus is releasing this without signed drivers, making it impossible to make it autostart normally like any other apps.

Asus fix it

Detleg wrote:
1.4.0.8 is out now guys

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/vga/app/GPUTweak2_Ver1408.zip?_ga=1.171369760.1284355158.1480535366

Anyone know if this version allows users to apply a custom fan curve, and if so, does it affect 0dB fan operation?
I'd like to deploy my troops in her country.