cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with my asus rog strix gl702vm touchpad right click - solved?

mconan
Level 7
So the right click on my asus laptop doesn't work each time i restart my computer. If i repair or rollback the driver it works until I restart.
Then it stops working again. My laptop is 3 days old. I have done a reset of windows which fixed the issue for a time, however now it is back.
I spoke with asus who told me they will not replace or refund . 3 days old. pretty unhappy, the representative also told me that they are aware of a firmware updating causing this issue and it is not resolved.

$1500 I spent on a machine that does not have basic functions working, then i am told i am not entitled to a refund. On top of this I bought the laptop on the basis that is has thunderbolt, however the thunderbolt on the machine is 10gpbs not 40. meaning i can not use it for an external graphics card hub.

All in all pretty unhappy about the situation, i regret buying the laptop and wish I had got the msi......

Anyone who can offer a solution to the right click not functioning would be helpful as it seems I am stuck with the laptop despite the fact it doesn't work properly.
$1500 is a large investment for me and to get something that doesn't work properly is upsetting, I am actually wondering the legal reality of giving a customer a faulty product in terms of returns and refunds.
its actuall the 502 version
33 REPLIES 33

onjax
Level 9
mconan wrote:
So the right click on my asus laptop doesn't work each time i restart my computer. If i repair or rollback the driver it works until I restart.
Then it stops working again. My laptop is 3 days old. I have done a reset of windows which fixed the issue for a time, however now it is back.
I spoke with asus who told me they will not replace or refund . 3 days old. pretty unhappy, the representative also told me that they are aware of a firmware updating causing this issue and it is not resolved.

Stuck at this problem after reinstalled Windows. Installing ATK Driver from ASUS fixed it for me. (Installing touchpad driver didn't work).
You can also double tap to right-click as a workaround.
This is purely a software issue, coz touchpad has only one physical clicker, which is interpreted as left or right in software.

add me to the list. GL502VS

onjax wrote:
Stuck at this problem after reinstalled Windows. Installing ATK Driver from ASUS fixed it for me. (Installing touchpad driver didn't work).
You can also double tap to right-click as a workaround.
This is purely a software issue, coz touchpad has only one physical clicker, which is interpreted as left or right in software.

So installing ATK driver fixes the problem, is that what you're saying?

seems the windows update fixed the issue, really happy now!

mconan wrote:

Please keep us updated if anything changes. I up dated windows and fix my VS

But I seen an update failed to install. After a while it tried installing and succeeded.

Then things went right back to not working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mconan wrote:

Please confirm which update fixed your issue? Mine still the same and windows update says my computer is up to date.

jasond767 wrote:
Please confirm which update fixed your issue? Mine still the same and windows update says my computer is up to date.

I recently purchased a GL502VM and my right click button also stopped working for no apparent reason.

I can confirm that the latest Cumulative Windows Update (today's date is 15/12/2016) called Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3206632) has so far restored my right click button's functionality.

I am very happy as I purchased this laptop last Thursday by airmail from the UAE and I have limited service options available to me.

Let's hope this problem is properly fixed and that it doesn't return.

mbawkher wrote:
I recently purchased a GL502VM and my right click button also stopped working for no apparent reason.

I can confirm that the latest Cumulative Windows Update (today's date is 15/12/2016) called Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3206632) has so far restored my right click button's functionality.

I am very happy as I purchased this laptop last Thursday by airmail from the UAE and I have limited service options available to me.

Let's hope this problem is properly fixed and that it doesn't return.

Thank you for reporting. If anything change could you please report ASAP.

Has anyone else had luck with this Windows update?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nol luck, the problem has returned and my right click button is no longer functioning like it used to (even after the update).

I have heard that other users reinstalled Windows 10 from scratch via USB to resolve this issue. Has this worked for anyone here?

Or is this really a software/driver issue that can be fixed via an update.

I have a ROG-502VM for anyone's reference.

Please help me solve this issue!

Thanks