cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RV10 - Bluetooth Discussion

Nelsonxzelaya
Level 7
I've owned the Rampage V 10 Edition Motherboard for a few months now and while I've overall been pleased, I can't seem to cope with Bluetooth not being existent. I've looked for solutions and come across multiple threads with nothing but more confusion. I've installed drivers, updated the BIOS, and even have the WIFI Adapter connected but all my PC does is go on a endless loop of searching to no result. I would love to know how many others are having this issue, is their any viable solution and if not have we heard from Asus? I hope I'm not repeating what others have said but I've just discovered these forums.
9 REPLIES 9

Catalonia
Level 7
Nelsonxzelaya wrote:
I've owned the Rampage V 10 Edition Motherboard for a few months now and while I've overall been pleased, I can't seem to cope with Bluetooth not being existent. I've looked for solutions and come across multiple threads with nothing but more confusion. I've installed drivers, updated the BIOS, and even have the WIFI Adapter connected but all my PC does is go on a endless loop of searching to no result. I would love to know how many others are having this issue, is their any viable solution and if not have we heard from Asus? I hope I'm not repeating what others have said but I've just discovered these forums.

Hello.

I'll try to be calm (otherwise admins will erase my existence)

We all made a big mistake purchasing this MB. *This VERY expensive motherboard, which we all expect to have premium support and quality.

Bluetooth is definitelly broken for many of us. I tried everythjng. Literally. All deivers available, Old, new, Installed W10 from
scratch many tines... *I just ended up buying a USB Bluetooth dongle in amazon. *And now I have bluetooth. Yes...

SupremeFX is also not working but this is another topic...

Anyway dude, Asus lost me forever (at least 'till I can get rid of this MB)*

Zero support, no even one serious representative said anything better than: Did you check your cables?

armin_maleki
Level 7
Nelsonxzelaya wrote:

Hi i have same issue,bluthooth install and show in device manager as install driver but cant find any device when searching...
I test this mb with Windows 10 and 8.1 with all driver from asus and broadcam!
Im really regret for buy this expensive mb from asus
I hope asus see this issue and fix it if this is software and driver bug

armin_maleki wrote:
Hi i have same issue,bluthooth install and show in device manager as install driver but cant find any device when searching...
I test this mb with Windows 10 and 8.1 with all driver from asus and broadcam!
Im really regret for buy this expensive mb from asus
I hope asus see this issue and fix it if this is software and driver bug

Mine does not work either best action take it legal as done it with Apple

You need the WiFi antenna connected for Bluetooth to work

broncogr wrote:
You need the WiFi antenna connected for Bluetooth to work

We all have the antenna connected...

vmanuelgm
Level 11
Defective mobo, rma it!!!
Asus x670e Hero, 7950x, TG 7000, Master 4090, 970 PRO, 860 EVO, Intel 750,
SN850, SN750, 840 Pro, 2xSkyhawk 4TB, Pioneer S12U
EVGA T2 1600, Silverstone TJ11, Custom LC, Acer Predator x35, Philips OLED

Brighttail
Level 11
With Asus it always seems to be a matter of numbers. If a PCI or SLI wasn't working for most people, there would be an immediate solution.
Even if it was just with the wireless antennae that would also be a much speedier fix, but the WIFI works. Bluetooth is like the GameFirst software from previous motherboards. It isn't used by everyone, thus it isn't as important to fix right away. Asus has a small team for this motherboard support. Everyone else is working on testing and getting other stuff before Christmas out, like the Claymore and the new Z-170 boards.

I can't even get upset with Tech Support anymore because for the most part, they are kept in the dark with most issues. Unless a tech has taken a bluetooth issue, which when I called I was lucky to find one, he told me that there was no supporting documentation in his database that even explained the problem that I was dealing with. So their own internal support folks could only do the standard, install, reinstall, check that everything is plugged in, can you try it with the MB outside the case type of support that they do on just about every call. I was even lucky enough to talk to someone 'second tier' about it who blamed it on the Windows 10 Anniversary update, which as most of us know, is when the whole issues really started.

To be fair, I can't fault Asus on the fact that bluetooth broke with the update. Microsoft doesn't tell Asus what they are doing different and only give Asus a small window of time to figure what things "MIGHT" break before they release the update. Asus obviously couldn't find a solution before the Windows 10 Anniversary went live.

All that being said, it has been a while since that patch and I haven't seen anything in the sense of updates. We have seen one BIOS update which for me broke my RAM and I had to roll back and an update to the Bluetooth driver which is pretty much the standard one Windows 10 Anniversary updates people to. I have even tried Qualcomm and other manufacturing drivers with no luck either. Knowing friends across the industry, Asus isn't the only one with this issue. Sadly tho, it isn't something that has enough complaining about to get Asus (or other manufacturers) to address it quickly and who knows, Asus may never get to it. When it came to the Game First software killing LAN speed on my Formula VI, they never fixed that, ever. I still have a machine with the Formula VI and it still can't run the software without internet speeds plummeting to zero.

While the Edition 10 is the top tier, the flagship of the x99 platform, the sheer number of people that actually buy it is 5, 10, 20, 50x less than other motherboards like the x99-a or x99-Deluxe. Because of that, Asus spends more time upfront to get things right but less time afterwards to keep things right. On a Deluxe, they are more willing to rush that out because they know they will have a tonne of folks buying it and testing it, so they can use users as 'testers' in bulk.

Concerning the DAC issues, I think that will be something that they will figure out sooner than later. Their new motherboards coming out are including it, so the Edition 10 won't be the only one.
Panteks Enthoo Elite / Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7900X / Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHz

MSI GTX 1080 TI / 2x Intel 900p / Samsung 970 Pro 512GB

Samsung 850 PRO 512GB / Western Digital Gold 8TB HD

Corsair AX 1200i / Corsair Platinum K95 / Asus Chakram

Acer XB321HK 4k, IPS, G-sync Monitor / Water Cooled / Asus G571JT Laptop

Brighttail
Level 11
It seems to work okay with the R5E but not the edition 10 version.
Panteks Enthoo Elite / Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7900X / Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHz

MSI GTX 1080 TI / 2x Intel 900p / Samsung 970 Pro 512GB

Samsung 850 PRO 512GB / Western Digital Gold 8TB HD

Corsair AX 1200i / Corsair Platinum K95 / Asus Chakram

Acer XB321HK 4k, IPS, G-sync Monitor / Water Cooled / Asus G571JT Laptop