Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array sdmf74's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korth View Post
    http://www.askvg.com/windows-tip-dis...estart-screen/

But yeah, data can be corrupted if the RAMCache process is forced to terminate and/or Windows is forced to shutdown before the software's write cache can be written to disk.

RAMCache does offer exactly one option while running: a "Stop" button, lol. So you can use it without (much) risk of data loss if you always remember to stop the program before sleep/shutdown, at least on a battery-powered laptop or battery-backup/UPS desktop. Worth the effort if performance gains are noticeable.
    The point is the program is not shutting down correctly so there is a possibility the program is corrupting data even without user error (forcing shutdown before the software's write cache can be written to disk).
    Seriously I cant believe you would even suggest opening the program to stop the program & waiting for it to respond every time. Nobody would bother doing this every time they restart, shutdown or walk away from the pc to let it sleep/hibernate lol.
    The use of a battery backup/UPS however is a solid sugestion assuming Ram Cache II is not corrupting data without user error which we have determined it most likely is.
    Not worth the headache for a program which shows no noticable performance benefit except in some benchmarks (on my sytem at least).
    I spent 8+ hours yesterday dealing with the destruction.

I guess I was just intrigued to have a program that would put some of my dormant 32gb of sytem ram to use.
    Last edited by sdmf74; 07-21-2017 at 05:48 PM.
    ASUS Maximus 9 Formula, Intel I7 7700k, EVGA GeForce GTX 980Ti K|ngP|n
    G Skill Trident Z RGB 3600 32GB, EVGA supernova 1300G2, CaseLabs Merlin SM8, Wooting One/Ducky One TKL RGB, Razer Basilisk, EK Velocity RGB w/ Alphacool Monsta & HL Nemesis GTX360, Samsung 960 pro 512gb(OS), Samsung 850 EVO 1tb(games), Samsung 850 Pro 512gb, Asus PG279Q 165HZ, BenQ 144hz, Windows 10 pro

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2