cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating bios via EZ update in AI Suite 3

Goucho
Level 8
Hey guys i tried to update my bios to 3402 using the EZ update feature inside AI Suite 3. All seemed fine and i even changed the logo but when i accepted the restart it just shutdown?? I left it for a while and restarted and it took an age to post plus it hadn't changed the logo and on checking when i eventually got into my desktop i was still on 1701??

I can't use the usb feature on the back due to disability and being on my own. The last time i updated my bios i had no problems and i am sure it was thru the software?

Am i missing something ........... RAMPAGE-V-EXTREME-ASUS-3402.CAP is the file i am using.

TIA
All replies to my posts are really appreciated, thank you 🙂

Overclock results:-

GTX980 @ 1527.5MHz Core/7603MHz Memory
3 REPLIES 3

Detleg
Level 12
Never do an online Bios update, Never, to many things can go wrong, you experienced one, throw it on a stick and do it that way.

FuryA
Level 8
Goucho wrote:
Hey guys i tried to update my bios to 3402 using the EZ update feature inside AI Suite 3. All seemed fine and i even changed the logo but when i accepted the restart it just shutdown?? I left it for a while and restarted and it took an age to post plus it hadn't changed the logo and on checking when i eventually got into my desktop i was still on 1701??

I can't use the usb feature on the back due to disability and being on my own. The last time i updated my bios i had no problems and i am sure it was thru the software?

Am i missing something ........... RAMPAGE-V-EXTREME-ASUS-3402.CAP is the file i am using.

TIA

hi You can follow the instruction about how to USB BIOS Flashback

http://event.asus.com/2012/mb/USB_BIOS_Flashback_GUIDE/

Onimax
Level 8
If you cannot use the Flashback method I'd recommend the EZ Flash method from inside the UEFI - you don't even need any kind of USB-Stick, a (non-raid) partition formatted with NTFS/FAT32 will do just fine.

The inside OS updating, as Detleg stated, is just ... bad ... really really bad, and most of the times not even working.