Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

Quote Originally Posted by jp0209 View Post
    I just tried a 3rd one. This one has no BLB at all and is nice and uniform. And bam, either a large dust speck or scratch underneath the LCD in the right-center of the screen! Tried to flick it away and it wouldn't move. Tried the suction cup method to try and gently pry the LCD out a bit near the speck to unlodge it, nothing. Going back and returning this one too. This is the most insane thing I've ever dealt with in the PC world.
    If you've been buying monitors from the same store, you should PM Bahz the details and he can probably send someone over to check their stock. Maybe they received a bad batch or something.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Crashcourse316 PC Specs
    Crashcourse316 PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Z97 Wifi-Pro
    ProcessorI7-4790k
    Memory (part number)32GB G-Skills
    Graphics Card #1MSI GEFORCE® GTX 1080 GAMING X 8G
    MonitorPG279Q
    Storage #1Samsumg 951 Pro m.2 512GB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100
    Power Supply1600W 80 Platinum
    OS Win10

Lol. I was a tad angry. I'm still highly frustrated with all of it, currently monitor-less and using my laptop. My frustration goes back to the Acer XB270, I went through several and gave up (all had dead / stuck pixels, and yes a hair under the screen). Went through a few PG279 before I gave up, and more XB271's than I can count. Finally got a good XB271 and it died after 7 months. My store suggested this PG27A as a great replacement and it is the same nonsense with this panel- dust, poor uniformity, BLB, and oval pressure spot smack in center of the screen. The common components are these junk AUO panels. If Asus wants to charge me $859 for this monitor, I expect a near perfect screen with minimal BLB, maybe slightly uneven uniformity, but that's it. Terrible QC all around.
    Lol yea I went through 4 of the 279's returned them all and bought a cheap ASUS 24" 144hz monitor for lke $10 and a bunch of best buy points. waited a few months and got another 279 and it's good enough to keep. Minor bleeds in like 2-3 spots and the have faded with use. and Just a bit more than usual IPS glow, but every single one of these has that issue even at lower brightness so I'm ok with it considering I have a IPS panel at 1440p and 165hz....
    I7-4790k OC 4.9 1.375v
    MSI Gaming X GTX 1080 OC core:2055Mhz Mem:5504Mhz

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you like what I post, hit that Rep button.
    If i'm posting here it's only because I'm at work and have nothing better to do other than solve your problems.

ROG Member Array

PG27AG Vs PG279

I have to buy a new monitor. I was oriented to the PG279 due to basically the PC is used for gaming purposes. Do you I have to move myself to this new one 4k monitor?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    Can you share a picture of this large dusk speck or scratch underneath the screen? I've asked a few other users who came on here and claimed the same thing and not all of them provided me with a picture (I received 1 picture and it wasn't even clearly showing the issue). It would be very helpful if I can get a picture so I can escalate this issue to our Display and QC teams.

Thanks,
    Bahz
    I've returned 4 units all due to this issue, I only took photos of the 1st PG27AQ that had the oval in the middle of the screen, attached this photo for you. Very hard to see, but it is definitely there. It looks similar the PCmonitors website review of the monitor.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0182.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	420.3 KB 
ID:	61257

The best way I can describe the dust issue is that they look like small scratches underneath the LCD panel. About 3 pixels in size. They are not dead / stuck pixels. The monitor I returned last night (4th one) had two of these specks, which again, is ridiculous. I have been dealing with my local Microcenter, they know me by name by now. I show them the monitors every time I come back to return them and they confirm it. If I try again (I will at some point) I will surely snap a photo of it.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

Quote Originally Posted by ffalcone View Post
    I have to buy a new monitor. I was oriented to the PG279 due to basically the PC is used for gaming purposes. Do you I have to move myself to this new one 4k monitor?
    Once you go 4K, you won't go back. I came from 1080P so playing on 4K was like day and night for me.

Also what kind of games do you play? It'll be pretty hard to hit 165FPS on modern AAA titles unless you're willing to sacrifice a lot of eye candy.

ROG Member Array

Can you share a picture of this large dusk speck or scratch underneath the screen? I've asked a few other users who came on here and claimed the same thing and not all of them provided me with a picture (I received 1 picture and it wasn't even clearly showing the issue). It would be very helpful if I can get a picture so I can escalate this issue to our Display and QC teams.

Thanks,
    Bahz
    Just tried a 5th monitor, August 2016 build. Same issue with the speck / scratch. Snapped a photo of it this time. Unbelievable. Will try a different Microcenter near me. This is so frustrating, I just want a monitor that has no pixel defects / dust.

Name:	IMG_0184.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	690.3 KB 
ID:	61260

Ex-employee Array

Just tried a 5th monitor, August 2016 build. Same issue with the speck / scratch. Snapped a photo of it this time. Unbelievable. Will try a different Microcenter near me. This is so frustrating, I just want a monitor that has no pixel defects / dust.

Name:	IMG_0184.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	690.3 KB 
ID:	61260
    You must have very good eyes, I don't think I would even notice something as small as that. I'll pass this over to our display team to look into this issue.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Chino View Post
    Once you go 4K, you won't go back. I came from 1080P so playing on 4K was like day and night for me.

Also what kind of games do you play? It'll be pretty hard to hit 165FPS on modern AAA titles unless you're willing to sacrifice a lot of eye candy.
    Basically every type of games (Call of duty, Tomb Raider, etc). Keeping also in mind I have an NVIDIA GTX970 and 4k is not yet so popular, probably the best choice is still a 2K with an higher fresh rate.

Thanks for your reply

ROG Member Array

You must have very good eyes, I don't think I would even notice something as small as that. I'll pass this over to our display team to look into this issue.
    Very easy to notice dust specks and other flaws in the screen. Went through 3 more monitors at my local shop, that makes 8 in total. 7 out of 8 monitors all had dead or stuck pixels, or immovable dust specks / scuffs underneath the LCD. The very 1st one I had suffered from awful BLB even in normally lit room. The store said someone else went through 3 monitors due to the same issues. I tested monitors at two separate stores, it is more than bad luck. It is piss poor QC. For $860 you bet I am going to scour the screen thoroughly before I walk out of the store.

This nonsense has led me to likely buy an LG 4K display. As a result I'll also likely switch from Nvidia to AMD to take advantage of FreeSync, which I don't want to do. Good riddance AUO.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Crashcourse316 PC Specs
    Crashcourse316 PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Z97 Wifi-Pro
    ProcessorI7-4790k
    Memory (part number)32GB G-Skills
    Graphics Card #1MSI GEFORCE® GTX 1080 GAMING X 8G
    MonitorPG279Q
    Storage #1Samsumg 951 Pro m.2 512GB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100
    Power Supply1600W 80 Platinum
    OS Win10

Quote Originally Posted by ffalcone View Post
    Basically every type of games (Call of duty, Tomb Raider, etc). Keeping also in mind I have an NVIDIA GTX970 and 4k is not yet so popular, probably the best choice is still a 2K with an higher fresh rate.

Thanks for your reply

I went with a 1080gtx and the 1440P 279q. I am glad I went 1440p this time around due to the great frame rate. In my opinion, A frame rate of 110-165 at 1440p beats 45-70 fps with 4k. It's just so damn smooth with the G-sync on top.
    I7-4790k OC 4.9 1.375v
    MSI Gaming X GTX 1080 OC core:2055Mhz Mem:5504Mhz

If you like what I post, hit that Rep button.
    If i'm posting here it's only because I'm at work and have nothing better to do other than solve your problems.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast