cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751JT Windwos 10 All Sound through SUB-WOOFER ONLY

sm8368
Level 7
Hello,
My name is Jason and I am new here (English is not my first language so please understand any errors)

I bought my G751JT back in 2014 and it had unbalanced audio issue but it got fixed with the new driver from ASUS website.
This year(2016) I clean installed Windows 10 with new drivers and it all worked fine but I've been using an external speaker for better sounds.

BUT few days ago when I tried my laptop speaker, ALL SOUND was playing ONLY IN SUB-WOOFER, worse than the unbalanced sound issue.
I've followed few posts regarding sound issue for a fix, reinstalled various versions of the realtek drivers (including ones from ASUS website) but never got to fix it.
It seems like stereo speakers are not correctly configured or something.

Anybody with the same problem and any tips for the fix?
btw I am using headphones and external speakers which works perfectly fine.

Please help me!
2 REPLIES 2

MaxG73jh
Level 7
I had this issue as well and it was a combination of drivers and config. Windows 10 has been good as far as supplying usable drivers w/o having to manually find them for the most part, at least for me. But I go through and update them all anyway.

Drivers are included in Windows updates so the first and easiest thing to do -

Hit the windows key or click the search bar next to start/cortana and type "update", check for windows updates, get any that pop up.
Right click your sound icon - playback devices - rclick speakers - configure for "satellite speakers / sub (no full range)
Rclick speakers again - properties - see if it shows volume controls for your speakers and subwoofer separately - your speakers may be disabled or at 0
If that doesn't work, rclick speakers - properties - drivers/device info - and try having windows check and download a new driver automatically if it detects one
If that still doesn't work you will have to go back and get the correct windows 8.1 drivers I'm pretty sure... on Asus site they no longer have drivers if you select windows 10, only a few (bios, atk ect) but I have a g750jm which should be similar if not identical for drivers.

Lmk if any of that helped

MaxG73jh wrote:
I had this issue as well and it was a combination of drivers and config. Windows 10 has been good as far as supplying usable drivers w/o having to manually find them for the most part, at least for me. But I go through and update them all anyway.

Drivers are included in Windows updates so the first and easiest thing to do -

Hit the windows key or click the search bar next to start/cortana and type "update", check for windows updates, get any that pop up.
Right click your sound icon - playback devices - rclick speakers - configure for "satellite speakers / sub (no full range)
Rclick speakers again - properties - see if it shows volume controls for your speakers and subwoofer separately - your speakers may be disabled or at 0
If that doesn't work, rclick speakers - properties - drivers/device info - and try having windows check and download a new driver automatically if it detects one
If that still doesn't work you will have to go back and get the correct windows 8.1 drivers I'm pretty sure... on Asus site they no longer have drivers if you select windows 10, only a few (bios, atk ect) but I have a g750jm which should be similar if not identical for drivers.

Lmk if any of that helped

Thank you for your kind explanation.
I have sub-woofer and speakers volume bars are all separated in properties menu. Funny thing is, everything is on 100 by default, and if I lower "internal sub-woofer" volume bar, the whole sound is also decreased basically because all sound is coming from sub-woofer only.
If I just put the volume up, the sub-woofer is playing all sounds including high-frequency, which sounds muffled and ugly.

I guess I will have to clean install Windows 10 again to see if it fixes...