Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG_EXT pinout

Luckymat
Level 7
Hi guys,
i bought the Asus Z170 PRO GAMING/AURA, i have not buildt or tested it yet
i'm very into DIY and for my project i need 5v Standby 😞
for PSU i'm using be quiet! DARK POWER PRO 11 | 1200W, i could buy and use 24pin extention and mod it so i get my 5v standby and GND but it won't really work out
i assume that the Rog Extention needs 5v standby because it's on while the PC is off, i need the pinout of the Rog Extention port on the MB, maybe the protocols too
i googled it already and i didn't fount it 😞
my meters are not good enough that i can rely on, i would by thankful for any info 🙂
2 REPLIES 2

JustinThyme
Level 13
The port on the MOBO is for multiple devices One part of it is simply a USB 2.0 header. Meter shouldnt matter, If it works, it works, doesnt need to be accurate.
What is your project that needs 5V standby? Why does it matter if you tap off of the ATX or get it from the EXT port on the mobo?

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

hi,
my project is some simple fancy intelligent lighting

i can't really use the USB header because after connecting all my USB headers i don't think there will be any left
a ATX 24pin tap-off would be a perfect solution if i didn't care about esthetics, the BQ DPP 11 PSU has fixed 24 pin connector, i could buy a 24 pin extention like this but now a have a diffrent looking cable on my MOBO and a cable with 2 plugs to hide

i will not cut into my BQ DPP 11 and tap the 5v standby off, a USB header tap-off would be OK but not perfect
that rog-extention must have some pins for 5v standby 😕 that would be way cleaner because i don't have to cut into 2 wires and fix them i would just plug something like this in

any ideas :/?