cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VM cooling problem

Nandi
Level 7
Hi there fellow gamers!

I have purchased my first gaming laptop and it is a G752VM, I have chosen this model because all online tests indicated a very good cooling performance. But during gaming ROG Gaming Center indicates GPU temperatures up to 87C and gets there very quickly, it usually idles without any load at 50-55C. I am using my laptop on a table with an ambient temperature of 25C. I have tried NoteBookFanControl, but running the fans at 3300RPM, GPU still gives me around 78-80C. I have contacted the store and they said it is totally fine, but I dont think so. Can it be a bad thermal paste application during manufacturing? Please, share with me your opinion or even your temperatures if you have the same model. It drives me crazy, the laptop is just 2 weeks old and i have to deal with issues like this already 😞
Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4

Buggsy
Level 7
If you just bought it, I'd recommend going back and exchanging it. That's hotter than it should be, and if it's brand new, it's not worth much work on your part to fix. 50 C idle kind of suggests to me an issue with the heat sink. The only

The only thing I can think of is the dust plugs. Did you pull the rubber plugs out of the back of the unit?

Yes sure, I plug them in only of I dont use the laptop. It is very hard to get usefull information from ASUS support.

Mine max temps are 75-80 under load and cpu 80-86. Claim repaste from your local service or something. Don't push them for exchange, I'm in love with this machine 🙂

m3ntaL wrote:
Mine max temps are 75-80 under load and cpu 80-86. Claim repaste from your local service or something. Don't push them for exchange, I'm in love with this machine 🙂

I get 100c cpu in Titanfall 2 and nothing makes gpu pass 76C.
96C cpu in prime.

ASSUS has a known issue when repasting cpus: you usually need copper shim to make contact. And the temperature likely won't go down without a permanent (warranty-voiding) solution like liquid metal.
My suggestion, as a g752vm owner who expects a well-behaved ghost-free computer, is get a refund from where you bought it and buy a workstation notebook or something. They're all last-gen cards atm though and workstation cards are a ripoff.

ASUS does not acknowledge known issues and generally has bad warranty practices, if you send it for rma, you may spend large amounts of money on shipping and get back a machine with more issues. I had to RMA my ASUS monitor 2 or 3 times (they "repaired" it, but the power died again, and the other issues never stopped) because of issues that were plastered all over amazon on several models made around the same time. (power dying, blinking, video card incompatibility etc...not even just one issue). The only god that came out of that they eventually ran out of stock and sent me a newer version that was higher spec and lacked the faults. With just a one year warranty - they clearly dont stand by their product - forget ASSUS laptops.