Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance 16GB
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 OC ROG Strix
    Storage #1Kingston HyperX 120GB
    Storage #2Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H60 54.0
    CaseCorsair Carbide 400C
    Power SupplyCorsair CXM 750W 80+ Bronze

Lightbulb How to uninstall Ai Suite III manually

Ran into this problem recently. After installing a new video card, Ai Suite III failed to run properly and could not uninstall due to "reboot required" bug.

Found this solution on another forum and thought I'd share since it worked for me.

There are other solutions on this forum however, they all pointed to downloading the cleaner file which does not exist any longer.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to manually uninstall AI Suite 3

Step 1: Open Task Manager – End the following Processes
    AISuite3.exe
    DIPAwayMode.exe
    iUSB3.exe
    U3Boost.exe
    EPUShortcut.exe
    Stop the following Services
    AsusFanControlService
    asComSvc
    aS HmComSvc

Step 2: Go to C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\ASUS\
    Erase program files and folders (erases all of them, but you might be able to only do selected ones).

Step 3: Obtain AI3 Cleaner.exe (shown as Cleaner.exe) from another post on this Forum and run the cleaner.

Step 4: Go to hidden directory C:\ProgramData\ASUS and erase at lease AISuiteIII, DipAwayMode, FanXpert folders. (I attempted to run Uninstall after each of the first three steps and got the “You must reboot…” warning until this step – so I suspect the uninstall issue was related to this alone)

Step 5: Reinstall AI3.

If the problem persist there are certain markers in the Registry that can cause this to occur. If the install/reinstall software is buggy it might not clean up:
    HKEY_Local_Machine\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Sessio nManager\PendingFileRenameOperations or \FileRenameOperations. (these can exist in ….\SYSTEM\ControlSet001 or 002).
    These can make Windows continue to as for a reboot.

New ROGer Array Navajo PC Specs
    Navajo PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS RAMPAGE V EXTREME
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-5930K Prosessor Socket-LGA2011-3, 6-Core, 3.5GHz
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominator DDR4 2666MHz 32GB
    Graphics Card #1MSI GeForce® GTX 1080 ti
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro Series™ H100 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
    Power SupplyCorsair AX860i Digital ATX Power Supply
    OS Windows 10

AI Suit 3 is worse than a virus to get rid of.

ROG Member Array

Hi Dratsabz

Im having issues with CPU Fan stopping and restarting (Cooler Master V8 GTS in ROG Strix B250F Gaming MBoard)
    Thought it may be to do with the AI Suite Fan control, so after a few adjustments and error messages for Fan Control during gaming
    Thought I might just remove and reinstall, should be simple, Yeah Right
    So now when I reinstall AI Suite, I only get AI Suite 3
    no Performance & power Saving Tools, no EZ Update, No Fan Control expert 4 and so on
    But i do notice, my Fan names have been remembered some how even after following your process

the below Registry entries, Do I delete them if im still having problems with AI Suite 3 Reinstall?[/COLOR]

"If the problem persist there are certain markers in the Registry that can cause this to occur. If the install/reinstall software is buggy it might not clean up:
    HKEY_Local_Machine\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Sessio nManager\PendingFileRenameOperations or \FileRenameOperations. (these can exist in ….\SYSTEM\ControlSet001 or 002).
    These can make Windows continue to as for a reboot. "
    Last edited by Bugstein79; 06-22-2020 at 09:07 AM. Reason: Add more information

ROG Enthusiast Array

If you want to download AI Suite Cleaner you can find it at the link below.
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...uite-3-cleaner

I've had no issues running AI Suite 3 on an X99 Rampage Extreme V, Windows 7 64-bit . I updated recently to version ASUS_AI_Suite_3_V3.00.60 and it has been running flawlessly.

ROG Member Array

Thanks for joining in Pharma
    Appreciate all any help i can get
    I did manage to get a hold of cleaner tool and havent progressed any further so far
    now ai suite wont start and recieved the following message
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Asus error message.PNG 
Views:	0 
Size:	119.2 KB 
ID:	85401

ROG Member Array

i thought i should add,
    Been running this setup sine 2017 when i joined ROG and have no issues otherwise

The fans are running fine without the AI SUite 3 software Installed, (Running from ASUS UEFI BIOS settings)
    and
    Was running perfectly fine up untill i noticed the CPU Fan stopping and starting randomly, which is when i started the manual adjusted which ended with the above error messages
    Again, any help is greatly appreciated

New ROGer Array

I've been attempting to remove Asus Suite II for days, it doesn't uninstall and the program that is mentioned in the previous message, doesn't run ?
    If anyone knows how to remove Asus Suite II, please; I want to uninstall this. As mentioned, it is worse then malware.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bugstein79 View Post
    Thanks for joining in Pharma
    Appreciate all any help i can get
    I did manage to get a hold of cleaner tool and havent progressed any further so far
    now ai suite wont start and recieved the following message

Name:	Asus error message.PNG 
Size:	119.2 KB 
ID:	85401
    For you specific error message, go to the Windows Task Manager -> Services and see if AsusFanControlService is listed as a service. You should be able to get info about the path where the executable was installed on your C: drive. Once you have the path info see if it exists on your C: drive. If it does not exist that's likely the reason for your error msg.

You path is likely different, but my path like "C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AsusFanControlService\2.00.92\AsusFanCo ntrolService.exe"

It looks like you might have "installation junk" still left from a previous installation. I'm not certain, but I think older AI Suite installations used different folders for certain programs/executables. Sometimes registry entries are not removed with the cleaner, or a physical folder still exists on the harddrive.

What I do after running the cleaner is to edit the windows registry and perform a search for entries containing similar to the following:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AI Suite III
    C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AsusFanControlService
    C:\ProgramData\ASUS\AI Suite III
    Etc...

In general if your computer is clean of AI Suite III installation and features, no physical folders on your hard drive or registry entries should exist that refer to AI Suite. If you do clean your registry make sure you know what you are doing. Always make a backup of your installation drive if problems occur later.

If the registry stuff is too much, one thing you can try is to install the last version of AI Suite that was working on your computer. Once that is installed you can run the newer AI Suite installation and upgrade the older AI Suite with the latest modules.
    Last edited by pharma; 06-27-2020 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Clarification

ROG Member Array

Thanks for all your advice, i have just found the cause and solution to issue im having
    It appears as though the Fan Control service is not being removed when AI Suite 3 is uninstalled
    So i folled the detils at the below website and all seems ok now for the most part

https://windowsreport.com/server-exe...s-fan-control/

Name:	1.PNG 
Size:	29.5 KB 
ID:	85423

Now to work out my original problem, why is my CPU fan stopping and starting
    Only seems to happen when the CPU is at low temp and assume it has to do with the Power Voltage/Temp settings and quiet mode

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by littlewilly View Post
    I've been attempting to remove Asus Suite II for days, it doesn't uninstall and the program that is mentioned in the previous message, doesn't run ?
    If anyone knows how to remove Asus Suite II, please; I want to uninstall this. As mentioned, it is worse then malware.

Not sure if it will help you, but have found this which may be of assistance to you
    It has a few methids of removal and at the bottom of the page, there is an uninstaller
    but be careful, as i have not tested this myself

http://www.uninstallhelps.com/how-to...i-1-01-14.html

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast