cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to uninstall Ai Suite III manually

Dratsabz
Level 7
Ran into this problem recently. After installing a new video card, Ai Suite III failed to run properly and could not uninstall due to "reboot required" bug.

Found this solution on another forum and thought I'd share since it worked for me.

There are other solutions on this forum however, they all pointed to downloading the cleaner file which does not exist any longer.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How to manually uninstall AI Suite 3

Step 1: Open Task Manager – End the following Processes
AISuite3.exe
DIPAwayMode.exe
iUSB3.exe
U3Boost.exe
EPUShortcut.exe
Stop the following Services
AsusFanControlService
asComSvc
aS HmComSvc

Step 2: Go to C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\ASUS\
Erase program files and folders (erases all of them, but you might be able to only do selected ones).

Step 3: Obtain AI3 Cleaner.exe (shown as Cleaner.exe) from another post on this Forum and run the cleaner.

Step 4: Go to hidden directory C:\ProgramData\ASUS and erase at lease AISuiteIII, DipAwayMode, FanXpert folders. (I attempted to run Uninstall after each of the first three steps and got the “You must reboot…” warning until this step – so I suspect the uninstall issue was related to this alone)

Step 5: Reinstall AI3.

If the problem persist there are certain markers in the Registry that can cause this to occur. If the install/reinstall software is buggy it might not clean up:
HKEY_Local_Machine\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Sessio nManager\PendingFileRenameOperations or \FileRenameOperations. (these can exist in ….\SYSTEM\ControlSet001 or 002).
These can make Windows continue to as for a reboot.
12 REPLIES 12

Navajo
Level 7
AI Suit 3 is worse than a virus to get rid of.

Hi Dratsabz

Im having issues with CPU Fan stopping and restarting (Cooler Master V8 GTS in ROG Strix B250F Gaming MBoard)
Thought it may be to do with the AI Suite Fan control, so after a few adjustments and error messages for Fan Control during gaming
Thought I might just remove and reinstall, should be simple, Yeah Right
So now when I reinstall AI Suite, I only get AI Suite 3
no Performance & power Saving Tools, no EZ Update, No Fan Control expert 4 and so on
But i do notice, my Fan names have been remembered some how even after following your process

the below Registry entries, Do I delete them if im still having problems with AI Suite 3 Reinstall?

"If the problem persist there are certain markers in the Registry that can cause this to occur. If the install/reinstall software is buggy it might not clean up:
HKEY_Local_Machine\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Sessio nManager\PendingFileRenameOperations or \FileRenameOperations. (these can exist in ….\SYSTEM\ControlSet001 or 002).
These can make Windows continue to as for a reboot. "

pharma
Level 9
If you want to download AI Suite Cleaner you can find it at the link below.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?95038-AI-Suite-3-cleaner

I've had no issues running AI Suite 3 on an X99 Rampage Extreme V, Windows 7 64-bit . I updated recently to version ASUS_AI_Suite_3_V3.00.60 and it has been running flawlessly.

i thought i should add,
Been running this setup sine 2017 when i joined ROG and have no issues otherwise

The fans are running fine without the AI SUite 3 software Installed, (Running from ASUS UEFI BIOS settings)
and
Was running perfectly fine up untill i noticed the CPU Fan stopping and starting randomly, which is when i started the manual adjusted which ended with the above error messages
Again, any help is greatly appreciated

I've been attempting to remove Asus Suite II for days, it doesn't uninstall and the program that is mentioned in the previous message, doesn't run ?
If anyone knows how to remove Asus Suite II, please; I want to uninstall this. As mentioned, it is worse then malware.

littlewilly wrote:
I've been attempting to remove Asus Suite II for days, it doesn't uninstall and the program that is mentioned in the previous message, doesn't run ?
If anyone knows how to remove Asus Suite II, please; I want to uninstall this. As mentioned, it is worse then malware.

Not sure if it will help you, but have found this which may be of assistance to you
It has a few methids of removal and at the bottom of the page, there is an uninstaller
but be careful, as i have not tested this myself

http://www.uninstallhelps.com/how-to-uninstall-ai-suite-ii-1-01-14.html

Or not. This is a scam site with nothing specific to AI Suite. It's the exact same text for every single program, all designed to get you to install the scamware at the bottom of page.

The method mentioned in the most recent posts; does this work for removing Asus Suite II ?

Bugstein79
Level 7
Thanks for joining in Pharma
Appreciate all any help i can get
I did manage to get a hold of cleaner tool and havent progressed any further so far
now ai suite wont start and recieved the following message