Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    ROG Member Array

Oh one last thing, it runs those games without over clocking.

ROG Member Array

Red face X9100 not starting on G60VX

Hi, I know this thread is old, but I could really need some advice, I really hope someone hears me.

My G60VX has been running fine for years but the stock CPU is a T6600 and it is a bit slow.
    So I decided to upgrade to a X9100. I picket one up from E-bay and installed it. But my G60VX will not start with the new cpu installed. Power led lights up for 2 second then everything dies. No screen image, no boot image, no boot sound, no bios. Nothing. After this the power button is dead. If I remove the battery and the power cord I can make the power led flash one more time, then nothing.
    So what might be wrong?
    All pins are straight and the cpu fits like a glove in the socket. Cpu locking mechanism turns 180 degrees and locks the cpu in place fine. I have repasted with MX4 and that part is fine as well.
    I removed the X9100 and installed my T6600 again. With the T6600 everything works fine, so its related to the X9100 for sure.
    Anyone who has done the X9100 upgrade who can help me out? I am out of ideas.
    I would be very grateful for advice and help.

ROG Junior Member Array

Try a BIOS upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by cezaar View Post
    Hi, I know this thread is old, but I could really need some advice, I really hope someone hears me.

My G60VX has been running fine for years but the stock CPU is a T6600 and it is a bit slow.
    So I decided to upgrade to a X9100. I picket one up from E-bay and installed it. But my G60VX will not start with the new cpu installed. Power led lights up for 2 second then everything dies. No screen image, no boot image, no boot sound, no bios. Nothing. After this the power button is dead. If I remove the battery and the power cord I can make the power led flash one more time, then nothing.
    So what might be wrong?
    All pins are straight and the cpu fits like a glove in the socket. Cpu locking mechanism turns 180 degrees and locks the cpu in place fine. I have repasted with MX4 and that part is fine as well.
    I removed the X9100 and installed my T6600 again. With the T6600 everything works fine, so its related to the X9100 for sure.
    Anyone who has done the X9100 upgrade who can help me out? I am out of ideas.
    I would be very grateful for advice and help.
    Heya. It has been many years since I tinkered with my G60VX (and I miraculously remembered my old password - hello me 9 years ago in the previous page of this thread!). However I think I got the Core2Extreme working - you most likely need to do a BIOS update with your T6600 to enable the better processor to work.

Finding the right BIOS version to update will probably be a challenge - good luck! I quickly tried looking for an official ASUS download but couldn't see one - such an old product that they don't seem to have the product support pages any more. Be wary of 3rd-party site downloads - they could contain malware, but those firmware-oriented sites are probably safe...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3