cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG279Q: How To Stop FPS Counter From Turning ON Everytime I Turn ON The Monitor?

redlinux
Level 7
Hello,

As the title indicates, how do I stop the FPS Counter (GamePlus feature) from turning ON everytime I turn the monitor OFF and then turn it back ON? I can turn it ON and OFF while the monitor is ON. However, everytime I turn off my PC, the FPS counter turns ON again as soon as I turn my PC back ON (including the monitor). It's annoying that I have to manually turn the FPS counter OFF everytime I turn my PC or monitor ON during those times that I don't intend to use it.

Please help! Thanks!
CPU: Intel i7 4770K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Corsair H110 Hydro Series
MoBo: Asus Maximus VI Hero (Bios Version 1402)
Memory: 16GB G.Skill Trident X DDR3-2400 (XMP enabled)
GPU: Asus GTX 760 2GB DirectCU II OC
Storage 1: Samsung 840 Evo 120GB SSD
Storage 2: WD 1TB 7200rpm HDD
PSU: Corsair RM850W 80+ Gold Fully Modular
Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black
1 REPLY 1

redlinux
Level 7
I think I got it figured out from the other thread. I needed to do an "All Reset" from the System Menu and that seemed to have fixed the issue.

It's just weird because once you have turned ON the FPS counter once, the monitor remembers it and it will turn it back ON as soon as you turn the monitor OFF and then ON. You can turn the FPS counter ON and OFF while the monitor is turned ON but, as soon as you do any kind of power cycle on the monitor i.e. turning it OFF and then back ON, the FPS counter automatically turns itself ON even when you set it to OFF the last time.

The monitor is absolutely lovely but I just thought this small issue of mine is a little weird. 😮
CPU: Intel i7 4770K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Corsair H110 Hydro Series
MoBo: Asus Maximus VI Hero (Bios Version 1402)
Memory: 16GB G.Skill Trident X DDR3-2400 (XMP enabled)
GPU: Asus GTX 760 2GB DirectCU II OC
Storage 1: Samsung 840 Evo 120GB SSD
Storage 2: WD 1TB 7200rpm HDD
PSU: Corsair RM850W 80+ Gold Fully Modular
Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black