New ROGer Array Scenarious PC Specs
    Scenarious PC Specs
    MotherboardM5A99FX PRO R2.0
    ProcessorPhenom II X6 1100T
    Memory (part number)F3-1600C9D-16GXM
    Graphics Card #1Asus Nvidia GTX 980 Strix
    Sound CardRealtek® ALC892 8-Channel
    Monitor42" UHD/4k@60Hz LG TV
    Storage #1HD1 (ST3250410AS) : HD2 (WDC WD10 01FALS-00J7B1)
    Storage #2HD3 (ST3750528AS) : HD4 (HDS724040ALE640)
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
    CaseAntec 900 Black
    Power SupplyCorsair Tx750w
    Keyboard Razer Deathstalker
    Mouse Logitech G602
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64

M5a99fx pro r.20 & x6 1100t

Hello ROG'ers. I decided that I was going to overclock my CPU and have run into a few issues. I figured this would be the best place to get some help. First of all, in the picture of the CPU socket below I have circled some of the motherboards componets. It seems that when I stress test the CPU with Prime95, that area gets quite hot. I was trying to confirm my CPU temps with a laser temperature reader and noticed the extra heat coming from there. Secondly, I seem to be getting conflicting CPU temperature readings when using different software. My two questions to the ROG community are:

1. Has anyone ever monitored the temps of those resistors(or whatever they are), and if so what is a safe temp for that area of the motherboard?

2. I added a snip from HWMonitor while I was stressing my CPU with Prime95. Is this program giving me accurate temperature readings or should I be using something else? The web seems to be filled with posts about how different programs give different temps with the 1100T. Needless to say, I went back to defaults until I know for sure.
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos M5A99FX PRO R20co.jpg  

StressTemps1.JPG