cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage V Edition 10 with Corsairs PSU AX1500i and H115i cooler

ivoencarnacao
Level 7
Anyone using the AX1500i Link Digital Interface connected to the H115i?
Should i do it?

How did you choose to plug those two to the RVE10?

Thanks in advance!
6 REPLIES 6

Brighttail
Level 11
I have a 1200i and don't use the link software. I used to but honestly it clashes with the Asus Suite III. If you want to use the colours on the block then you simply connect the AIO to the Link and the block portion to a USB header. It will work fine but I would suggest uninstalling the Asus Suite. The Link software is also buggy and doesn't hold settings very well.

The problem is the LINK software isn't great for fan speed control. You can just use BIOS control over the fans tho. In the end it is about what you want. If you want colour, use the link software. If you don't care about the lighting you can install the link, set the colour you want, uninstall and the colour on the block should hold.
Panteks Enthoo Elite / Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7900X / Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHz

MSI GTX 1080 TI / 2x Intel 900p / Samsung 970 Pro 512GB

Samsung 850 PRO 512GB / Western Digital Gold 8TB HD

Corsair AX 1200i / Corsair Platinum K95 / Asus Chakram

Acer XB321HK 4k, IPS, G-sync Monitor / Water Cooled / Asus G571JT Laptop

Catalonia
Level 7
I have this exact confoguration.

6850k, Asus Rampage V Edition 10, Corsair H115i,

I also use the latest Corsair Link software, as I don't really enjoy Asus ai Suite (too buggy).

Catalonia wrote:
I have this exact confoguration.

6850k, Asus Rampage V Edition 10, Corsair H115i,

I also use the latest Corsair Link software, as I don't really enjoy Asus ai Suite (too buggy).

By the way, since I don't have enough internal USB for conencting the devices, I bought an internal USB Hub:

This one: https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B00K0EBF1O/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Which works perfectly well and is easy to hide.*

Legolas
Level 9
I have no issues with Corsair LInk with Ai suite 3. Only need to let Corsair control the water pump and AIO Water cooler and plug the 3pin of water cooler to the Water_Pump to control the speed. USB of the H115i to the USB 1112
Sincerely,
Legolas

JustinThyme
Level 13
I had the H115I that I took out and going to put it on the block for sale.
Had the link software running with the AIO and PSU on it. Had them both using USB headers.
No issues with conflict with AI suite. Only used the link to control the fans on the rad. The PSU does its own thing and the fan rarely turns on.
The only thing that I did was default has the link software using CPU temp to control the fan speeds. That will run you in the crazy house! Be sitting there all nice and quiet then out of nowhere the speed jacks to 100% for a few seconds. Just change that to use the liquid temps as a reference and set a curve to your liking. Had mine at like 25% up to 30C then 40% at 32C and 100% at 35C. Yes short loop but if my Liquid temp gets up over 32C things are heating up and it will only continue to climb.
Ive since yanked the H115i and went to a full Liquid cooled system that AI suite is controlling fairly well. Just bit the bullet and spent $$ I didnt really need to for a Aquaero 6 pro for pump and fan control. That will be here tomorrow and Ill spend the next week trying to figure it out. Biggest reason for that is I want to be able to measure flow in my system and flow meters report rpms but nowhere does that get converted to a flow rate. I should be able to incorportate that along with the liquid loop temp for better pump control.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
I had the H115I that I took out and going to put it on the block for sale.
Had the link software running with the AIO and PSU on it. Had them both using USB headers.
No issues with conflict with AI suite. Only used the link to control the fans on the rad. The PSU does its own thing and the fan rarely turns on.
The only thing that I did was default has the link software using CPU temp to control the fan speeds. That will run you in the crazy house! Be sitting there all nice and quiet then out of nowhere the speed jacks to 100% for a few seconds. Just change that to use the liquid temps as a reference and set a curve to your liking. Had mine at like 25% up to 30C then 40% at 32C and 100% at 35C. Yes short loop but if my Liquid temp gets up over 32C things are heating up and it will only continue to climb.
Ive since yanked the H115i and went to a full Liquid cooled system that AI suite is controlling fairly well. Just bit the bullet and spent $$ I didnt really need to for a Aquaero 6 pro for pump and fan control. That will be here tomorrow and Ill spend the next week trying to figure it out. Biggest reason for that is I want to be able to measure flow in my system and flow meters report rpms but nowhere does that get converted to a flow rate. I should be able to incorportate that along with the liquid loop temp for better pump control.

Pump control is what I actually miss from H115i and Corsair Link Software. Is not possible to set a lower rate in low temps and increase it in higher temps. Is either low or high all the time.