cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hey guys ! just built my first pc need some help!

Dc187_
Level 7
hey guys I'm looking to download some Drivers for my mobo and I'm not sure which drivers I need

for example in the Bios drop down list I see

MAXIMUS VIII FORMULA BIOS 2202
1.CPU uCode update
2.Support more PCIe-1394 devices.
2016/09/26

MAXIMUS VIII FORMULA BIOS 1902
Improve system stability

and so on... do I need to download, every single driver on every page for chipset, audio etc?

could someone give me a list of what I should download I'm very confused. I was told not to use the driver disk and install from the website but I don't know which ones to get and how do I even install some of these bios drivers? how do I open a .CAP file? this all very new to me I'm feeling a little overwhelm I don't want to download a bunch of drivers not really knowing what they do, any help would be much appreciated...

And also do I need to download drivers for my monitor? I have an asus pg279Q ? I downloaded the WQHD driver but I don't know how to install it I see a bunch of hckx files... lol safe to say I don't know how to install any of these ughh
5 REPLIES 5

Detleg
Level 12
The answer is No you don't, but If you have any issues whatsoever try to find out what it is first, the Bios update I would do, or try at least, you can always roll back, but maybe Nate and some others here can give you some more tips

Chino
Level 15
What you do is look in the Device Manager and install the drivers for the missing devices. If you're on Windows 10, you most probably already have all the necessary drivers since Windows tends to download and install them on its own. 🙂

okay thanks guys, but im still confused on how to use the cap. files.. windows may have downloaded them all but i still want to know how to do it. thanks 😄

Chino
Level 15

okay thank you!