Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG279Q broken display/repair

anjoaznar
Level 7
Hello Happy Holidays!
Hello newbie here, This could be the most broken PG279Q in the world,
I am from the Philippines and there are no ASUS Service centers here that can
help me get this repaired, Does Asus or anyone know where I can ship this to get this repaired?
The computer shop where I bought this 6 months ago told me it would cost more to get it repaired
than to just buy a new one, I am sad , they did not even look very deeply into it or made contacts to Asus
This broke when my apartment was robbed. Please Asus help me out. It took me 2 years to save up for this
since the pg279q released.

8 REPLIES 8

JustinThyme
Level 13
Im thinking your local shop is probably right. The replacement panel, labor costs and shipping costs will most likely exceed the cost of a new one.
Next time dont bash your head against the screen when a game is kicking your butt! :cool:

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Im thinking your local shop is probably right. The replacement panel, labor costs and shipping costs will most likely exceed the cost of a new one.
Next time dont bash your head against the screen when a game is kicking your butt! :cool:

I would never rage over a game, lol . At least not bash my head in the screen. I'd have to hear that from Asus to stop finding a way, What would you recommend?

Chino
Level 15
Try calling ASUS Philippines.

CUSTOMER PRODUCT SUPPORT

Phone Number

+63-2-7985700
Product

All Products
Open Hour

Mon~Fri, 09:00-18:00

nokturnalb6six6
Level 7
yikes! how did that happen? The shop owner is unfortunately right. Would cost about as much to have the panel replaced as buying a whole new monitor.

nokturnalb6six6 wrote:
yikes! how did that happen? The shop owner is unfortunately right. Would cost about as much to have the panel replaced as buying a whole new monitor.

You can replace the panel yourself. for cost of parts. Ask whatever asus rep you get what parts are needed for the LCD display and there is your cost. If it's to much money for you now hen just start saving for the next monitor unfortunately. The people that broke in are dicks and deserve to step on a landmine.

If you want to take on repairing it yourself read below.

I would start by taking apart the monitor before you order parts though.figure out where everything goes and stuff. See if it looks like you could do the replacement yourself. The display portion of the monitor should come off fairly independent of everything else. This will also let you see inside if anything else is broken or if it is just the display. I won't go into huge detail of how to replace the display right now. I would start by taking it apart piece by piece in as clean an environment you can create.

few quick Tips
Take your time
If it doesn't feel right it probably isn't. Pause and take a second look or use us on this site an post a picture and question.
Stay organized
Don't lose parts. use a bag or magnet or metal parts and screws.
I7-4790k OC 4.9 1.375v
MSI Gaming X GTX 1080 OC core:2055Mhz Mem:5504Mhz

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
If you like what I post, hit that Rep button.
If i'm posting here it's only because I'm at work and have nothing better to do other than solve your problems.

anjoaznar
Level 7
I called Asus Philippines , theres no way for me to directly order from them and the store I ordered from wont have a look at it after looking at the picture. Never getting anthing from Asus again

anjoaznar wrote:
I called Asus Philippines , theres no way for me to directly order from them and the store I ordered from wont have a look at it after looking at the picture. Never getting anthing from Asus again

SO the monitor broke and you cant get part prices from the manufacturer.....perfect. SOOOOO......anyways I found the LCD part from a parts seller.....

818.68 EUR or about 850 USD
http://www.asusparts.eu/en/Asus-18010-27060200

That's some BS that they are charging that much. You might be SOL unless you find a screen on EBAY or something. Not sure why the single most breakable part costs for than just buying the monitor new. Usually the thing that brings the cost up is labor for repair I was expecting like $400-$500 for the LCD not $850.

Sucks to suck sometimes.
I7-4790k OC 4.9 1.375v
MSI Gaming X GTX 1080 OC core:2055Mhz Mem:5504Mhz

If you like what I post, hit that Rep button.
If i'm posting here it's only because I'm at work and have nothing better to do other than solve your problems.

Sorry to hear this happened to your monitor. Unfortunately, it is best to buy a new complete monitor. Consider your monitor totalled.