Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array Boggy PC Specs
    Boggy PC Specs
    MotherboardMAXIMUS VIII HERO
    Processori7 6700K
    Memory (part number)G Skill F4-3400C16-16GTZ
    Graphics Card #1MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X (MS-V360)
    Sound CardSoundBlaster ZxR
    MonitorAcer XB270HU
    Storage #1Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB
    Storage #2ST3000DM001-1ER166
    CPU CoolerEK-KIT X3600
    CasePHANTEKS ENTHOO EVOLV
    Power SupplyEVGA SUPERNOVA 650P2
    Keyboard Gigabyte Aivia Osmium
    Mouse Logitech PRO
    Headset Xense PC350
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM600 Dual Sided
    Headset/Speakers Corsair SP2500 CA-SP211UK
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC5300 Tri-Band 4 x 4 Gigabit Wireless Gaming Router

Quote Originally Posted by emsir View Post
    No, I'm just telling you that BIOS has nothing to do with OS. You can update BIOS without OS installed. Motherboard manufactures do that frequently to have their motherboards up to date. BIOS is hardware (chip) and not software related. If you don't know, BIOS stands for Basic Input/Output System. BIOS has NEVER had anything to do with OS. BIOS is generally a Chip on the motherboard which can be written to. Nothing else. There is NO connection to OS. Only thing is BIOS is written to a file and via USB/Internet, written to the BIOS chip.
    I'm sorry I just can't resist. The UEFI BIOS*does have something*to do with the OS, although you can update it with*no OS installed

The Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) is a specification that defines a software interface between an operating system and platform firmware. UEFI replaces the Basic Input/Output System (BIOS) firmware interface originally present in all IBM PC-compatible personal computers,[1][2] with most UEFI firmware implementations providing legacy support for BIOS services. UEFI can support remote diagnostics and repair of computers, even with no operating system installed.[3]
    Intel developed the original Extensible Firmware Interface (EFI) specification. Some of the EFI's practices and data formats mirror those from Microsoft Windows.[4][5] In 2005, UEFI deprecated EFI 1.10 (the final release of EFI). The Unified EFI Forum is the industry body that manages the UEFI specification.

First rule of being a smart arse is to get your facts right...
    Last edited by Boggy; 12-19-2016 at 09:01 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

With speed shift enable in bios, my 6600K is always in turbo (adaptive OC at 4.5GHz), it's doesn't go to the lower CLK/Vcore steps.
    If I disable it, speed step works well.
    I have M8H and Win10.

Does SST work in your system?

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Boggy View Post
    I'm sorry I just can't resist. The UEFI BIOS*does have something*to do with the OS, although you can update it with*no OS installed

The Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) is a specification that defines a software interface between an operating system and platform firmware. UEFI replaces the Basic Input/Output System (BIOS) firmware interface originally present in all IBM PC-compatible personal computers,[1][2] with most UEFI firmware implementations providing legacy support for BIOS services. UEFI can support remote diagnostics and repair of computers, even with no operating system installed.[3]
    Intel developed the original Extensible Firmware Interface (EFI) specification. Some of the EFI's practices and data formats mirror those from Microsoft Windows.[4][5] In 2005, UEFI deprecated EFI 1.10 (the final release of EFI). The Unified EFI Forum is the industry body that manages the UEFI specification.

First rule of being a smart arse is to get your facts right...
    This has NOTHING to do with BIOS update. The UEFI is connected with OS via the secure boot (UEFI boot) and other settings. But it has NOTHING to do with BIOS update. BIOS updates are performed without any OS involved.

Before you copy and paste, you should understand what it is you are copying, AND STICK WITH YOUR FIRST POST!. You said that there was no BIOS for Windows 10 64 bit.......And this is complete nonsense. BIOS updates has NOTHING to do with OS. Get your facts right before copy and paste something you don't understand.

ROG Enthusiast Array cartoonistas PC Specs
    cartoonistas PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VΙΙΙ Hero
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 6700K
    Memory (part number)G.Skill TridentZ 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4-3000MHz (CL15)
    Graphics Card #1ROG STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAMING
    MonitorDell UltraSharp U2414H
    Storage #1Samsung 960 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Pro 512GB
    CPU CoolerCorsair CPU Cooler Hydro H100i GTX
    CaseCORSAIR OBSIDIAN SERIES 750D
    Power SupplyCorsair RM850X 850W
    Keyboard Logitech RGB G810 Orion Spectrum
    OS Windows 10

This has NOTHING to do with BIOS update. The UEFI is connected with OS via the secure boot (UEFI boot) and other settings. But it has NOTHING to do with BIOS update. BIOS updates are performed without any OS involved.

Before you copy and paste, you should understand what it is you are copying, AND STICK WITH YOUR FIRST POST!. You said that there was no BIOS for Windows 10 64 bit.......And this is complete nonsense. BIOS updates has NOTHING to do with OS. Get your facts right before copy and paste something you don't understand.
    First it's not me who posted this . Second you should be more polite and calm. Moderator warned you once. This is the second time you offended me without reason I hope you are feeling good about that.
    Last edited by cartoonistas; 12-19-2016 at 04:15 PM.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array ondersma80 PC Specs
    ondersma80 PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus VIII Hero Alpha
    Processori7-6700K
    Memory (part number)F4-3000C15D-16GTZ
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    Sound CardXonar DSX
    MonitorPG278Q
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro
    Storage #2Assorted SSD & HDD
    CPU CoolerNH-D14
    Power SupplySilencer MK III 850W
    Keyboard G105
    Mouse G700S
    Headset/Speakers Bose Companion 5
    OS Windows 10 - I moved on from the technology of the previous decade.

What is all this blow hard drama about? When I read the first post I only took it to mean the new release wasn't under Windows 10 yet. All the OP said was "This new Bios is under Windows 7 Pick List". That in fact was correct, as I checked and it was only posted under Windows 7. You know, as in if someone goes looking and doesn't see it when they pick Windows 8 or Windows 10? I am not sure how a rational debate can even occur here. I am pretty sure it is a full UEFI but ASUS insists on calling it a BIOS. Who the heck knows.
    Last edited by ondersma80; 12-19-2016 at 04:29 PM.

ROG Member Array

It looks like this new bios changes adaptive voltage distribion for cpu. My whole overclock became unstable. Is there an easy way to downgrade bios upgrade? I don't want deal with this right now.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array ondersma80 PC Specs
    ondersma80 PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus VIII Hero Alpha
    Processori7-6700K
    Memory (part number)F4-3000C15D-16GTZ
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    Sound CardXonar DSX
    MonitorPG278Q
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro
    Storage #2Assorted SSD & HDD
    CPU CoolerNH-D14
    Power SupplySilencer MK III 850W
    Keyboard G105
    Mouse G700S
    Headset/Speakers Bose Companion 5
    OS Windows 10 - I moved on from the technology of the previous decade.

Quote Originally Posted by skaliba View Post
    It looks like this new bios changes adaptive voltage distribion for cpu. My whole overclock became unstable. Is there an easy way to downgrade bios upgrade? I don't want deal with this right now.
    USB Flashback method. See manual.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by cartoonistas View Post
    First it's not me who posted this . Second you should be more polite and calm. Moderator warned you once. This is the second time you offended me without reason I hope you are feeling good about that.
    If I recall, you called me smart arse.......That's personal. I haven't wrote anything personal about you. You are just trying to get out of your bad knowledge about computers.

This is the true fact about BIOS.......and I will not get into any conversation with you again. You are ignorant and when things are going wrong for you, you try to put me in a bad light and hoping moderator will make me go away. That's childish.

But here it is:

" BIOS access and configuration on PC systems is independent of any operating system because the BIOS is part of the motherboard hardware. It doesn't matter if a computer is running Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Linux, Unix, or no operating system at all - BIOS functions outside of the operating system environment and is no way dependent upon it."

ROG Enthusiast Array cartoonistas PC Specs
    cartoonistas PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VΙΙΙ Hero
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 6700K
    Memory (part number)G.Skill TridentZ 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4-3000MHz (CL15)
    Graphics Card #1ROG STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAMING
    MonitorDell UltraSharp U2414H
    Storage #1Samsung 960 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Pro 512GB
    CPU CoolerCorsair CPU Cooler Hydro H100i GTX
    CaseCORSAIR OBSIDIAN SERIES 750D
    Power SupplyCorsair RM850X 850W
    Keyboard Logitech RGB G810 Orion Spectrum
    OS Windows 10

If I recall, you called me smart arse.......That's personal. I haven't wrote anything personal about you. You are just trying to get out of your bad knowledge about computers.

This is the true fact about BIOS.......and I will not get into any conversation with you again. You are ignorant and when things are going wrong for you, you try to put me in a bad light and hoping moderator will make me go away. That's childish.

But here it is:

" BIOS access and configuration on PC systems is independent of any operating system because the BIOS is part of the motherboard hardware. It doesn't matter if a computer is running Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Linux, Unix, or no operating system at all - BIOS functions outside of the operating system environment and is no way dependent upon it."
    Just look again about who posted that. It's easy look at the left of my post and see my nick.Now go to the post that that you refering and look at the left is it the same name?

ROG Member Array Lanchikov PC Specs
    Lanchikov PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)MSI GL73 8RD
    MotherboardASUS Maximus VIII HERO
    ProcessorI7-6700K
    Memory (part number)HX424C15FBK2/32
    Graphics Card #1AORUS GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme Edition 11G
    Graphics Card #2AORUS GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme Edition 11G
    Sound CardASUS Essence STX
    MonitorIiyama 27" ProLite XUB2792QSU-B1
    Storage #1240Gb SSD Kingston HyperX Predator
    Storage #2Crucial M550 256Gb
    CPU CoolerBykski CPU-XPR-A-V2 Water Block
    CaseCorsair Carbide 330R
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1200i
    Keyboard Logitech G510
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Mouse Pad Logitech G440
    Headset/Speakers Beyerdynamic T70 250 Ohm
    OS Windows 10 PRO
    Network RouterNetgear R6220

Don't work USB keyboard

After update to 3007 i cant enter bios from usb keyboard. Change "Legacy USB" and connect to USB3.0 port and nothing. Only PS/2 keyboard operation in bios. Always i using my Logitech G510 keybord in Keybot port with 2203 bios.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast