Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus GL552VX - Issue of turn off harddisk or something else

vanduc1102
Level 7
I have owned an Asus GL552VX recently.

It is 16GB RAM and 1TB HDD and 128 GB SSD

I installed windows 10 with unactivated mode

My issue is when I am using the laptop as normal, just surfing Facebook or something else the laptop suddenly black out.

The monitor still work, I see the light, The keyboard does notwork ( i tried by pressing caplock - See the image attached)

And I cant do anything else than long press on power button to force the laptop turn off and then I turn it on, and it work normal.

I have check the Power Options and changed Turn Off Harddisk to Never.

DOES ANYONE HAS THE SAME ISSUE WITH ME?

IS IT AN ISSUE WITH THE HARDWARE?

2 REPLIES 2

Chris92VN
Level 8
You should check Event Viewer at the time for specific information! Since Windows will log everything (both hardware and software events).
Black screen of death happened to me once. But it happened after I restarted from bios instead.
I messed up my Windows so I need to reinstall it.
All I did was to make BIOS to boot from USB in Secure Mode and enable Fast boot(Quiet boot).
There, everything happened. Backlight didn't work(still saw black screen if I pointed a light source at the screen). Keyboard stopped working(capslock stay on)
My final decision was RMA.
They said the mainboard was dead from unknown cause. They had it replaced in 20 working-hours(nearly two days).
Now everything is back to normal.
I assume your case is windows issue due to "Sleep" not harddisk, in case Harddisk turn off timer, "never" means the Windows will keep your harddisk running forever as long as Windows stay on. If your log shows hardware issue, you should contact the nearest Asus Service Center.
FYI, Windows sucks at this, Sleep timer starts to count down from the last interaction from mouse or keyboard, so if you are playing game with controller, or watching movies, make sure you turn off sleep timer or enable "Prevent sleep mode" thing in settings.

hi, Thank for replying,

As your suggestion , I am installed Ubuntu 16.10 , for a week , and the issue has not happened yet,

I will report if the issue still happend