cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Spatha Second Receiver

Shark00n
Level 7
Hi all!

I'm in the process of buying a new ROG Spatha mouse, it looks like an awesome fit for my needs but I have one worry.
I alternate between my desktop PC and my laptop when I need to travel (which is frequently) and I still need to get work and gaming done.
It sucks that when I want to use the Spatha on my laptop I either have to lose all wireless functionality by having it plugged in with the second cable or I need to carry the big dock with me, reach around my desktop to unplug it and plug it back in every few days, it's not practical.
Does Asus sell a second receiver for the Spatha? Maybe a smaller one? Even if I'm losing a bit of performance, just finding a small receiver that would work with the Spatha would be awesome!

Has anyone found a solution?

Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2

Shark00n
Level 7
anyone?

Brighttail
Level 11
I actually have a second receiver. My Spatha died and I sent just the mouse back. They sent me an entire new mouse with the full packaging, so I ended up with one mouse, two receivers.

Unfortunately there is no way to make a new receiver/charger for the Spatha. If Asus is going to sell receivers separately, they will do it on their shop-asus website, but looking there I didn't see anything so chances are they don't sell them separately. Aside from trying to find one on Ebay, I'm afraid there isn't really a way for you to get one. The receiver is very proprietary. It doesn't use bluetooth as far as I know, so you would have to get a 2.4 Ghz receiver and some how be able to pair it with the mouse. 😞

Only other option I have for you is logging on to the Support page and emailing Asus to see if they'd be willing to sell you one, but I wouldn't hold my breath. When I sent mine back i had to do so to the USA support site instead of the Canadian one. That tells me there is just one site in North America that deals with peripherals like this. I can't imagine they have too many of the wireless chargers available for sale as they would need those for repair.

Good luck.
Panteks Enthoo Elite / Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7900X / Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHz

MSI GTX 1080 TI / 2x Intel 900p / Samsung 970 Pro 512GB

Samsung 850 PRO 512GB / Western Digital Gold 8TB HD

Corsair AX 1200i / Corsair Platinum K95 / Asus Chakram

Acer XB321HK 4k, IPS, G-sync Monitor / Water Cooled / Asus G571JT Laptop