Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Bios 3007

ROG Member Array

Hello everybody is it safe to flash 3007 bios for ranger VIII ?

ROG Enthusiast Array Shenny PC Specs
    Shenny PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VIII Ranger
    Processori5-6600K @ 4.4 GHZ (Skylake)
    Memory (part number)2 x 8 GB Kingston DDR4 2666 MHz
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming
    MonitorAsus ROG Swift PG279Q
    Storage #1Intel SSD 330 240 GB
    Storage #2Seagate External HDD 4 TB
    Power SupplyCorsair RM 850x
    Keyboard Logitech G15
    Mouse Logitech G9
    OS Windows 10 x64

Quote Originally Posted by etorphine View Post
    Hello everybody is it safe to flash 3007 bios for ranger VIII ?
    It depends. I have the same mobo and I am running with BIOS 3007 for one month now (actually, I flashed the BIOS two hours after it was uploaded to Asus support site). I have not encountered any problems with overclock or anything else so far (my OC is not very impressive but I am happy with it); actually, I think that with this BIOS the PC startup time (as measured in the Startup tab of Windows Task Manager) is a few seconds faster than before. Also, it seems that Ranger is the only mobo for which Asus did not pull off the BIOS after the recent complaints so perhaps it is better suited for this motherboard.

Finally, in case that you plan to upgrade your CPU to one of the Kaby Lake family, 3007 is a must, as you can see here: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/MA.../HelpDesk_CPU/

However, keep it in mind that the general reaction towards this BIOS was quite negative here in the forum and most people prefer to keep running with the older version 2202.
    Last edited by Shenny; 01-19-2017 at 07:14 PM.

ROG Member Array

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Shenny View Post
    It depends. I have the same mobo and I am running with BIOS 3007 for one month now (actually, I flashed the BIOS two hours after it was uploaded to Asus support site). I have not encountered any problems with overclock or anything else so far (my OC is not very impressive but I am happy with it); actually, I think that with this BIOS the PC startup time (as measured in the Startup tab of Windows Task Manager) is a few seconds faster than before. Also, it seems that Ranger is the only mobo for which Asus did not pull off the BIOS after the recent complaints so perhaps it is better suited for this motherboard.

Finally, in case that you plan to upgrade your CPU to one of the Kaby Lake family, 3007 is a must, as you can see here: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/MA.../HelpDesk_CPU/

However, keep it in mind that the general reaction towards this BIOS was quite negative here in the forum and most people prefer to keep running with the older version 2202.
    Thanks for the detailed answer . I think ill wait for new bios . I am happy with my 2202 bios and skylake setup for now . Thank you again .

ROG Member Array LucikMucik PC Specs
    LucikMucik PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VIII Extreme
    Processori7 6700k Max 5GHz Watercooled
    Memory (part number)G.Skill 2x4GB DDR4 4000MHz
    Graphics Card #1MSI GTX 980Ti V1 Watercooled
    CPU CoolerCustom watercooling
    CaseThermaltake Core X9
    Power SupplyEvga G2 750W

New ROGer Array

Damn, i just updated my bios to 3007. I didnt play with cpu overclock but now i need to downgrade de OC on my memory. With 2202 i had them on 3000mhz with 1.35v (auto voltage). Now im forced to put them on 2800mhz at 1.344v auto. MOBO also boots with memories at 2900mhz but the voltaje is at 1.44v!!! Dafuq

Update: I just called asus support, provided information and the final answer to the OC problems and weird voltages was: "We are aware about the issue and a new BIOS will be released soon to address this problem". When I asked about when this bios will be released he said "it should be released during february sir". Crossed fingers
    Last edited by BattleRaT; 01-23-2017 at 07:46 PM.

New ROGer Array Patrick_Q PC Specs
    Patrick_Q PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Maximus Extreme VIII
    ProcessorIntel i7 6700K
    Graphics Card #1nVidia GForce GTX 970 FTW
    Graphics Card #2nVidia GForce GTX 970 FTW
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro Series H100i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler CW-9060021-WW
    Power SupplyCorsair RM Series 1000 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply - CP-9020062-NA RM1000
    OS Windows 7

I got the notice today in the Asus provided software that runs on the system, I think it's called "EZ Update"...which picked up a new BIOS.

I went along with it as I normally do, it was the only thing running on the system. There was another option too, some other update, so I just let ASUS do its thing. Rebooted once it told me to...system is now dead. I had to leave to work, but was wondering if this happen to anyone else?

I will try to get it back up tonight, but I was getting strange responses once the system rebooted. I try to get into the BIOS by using F2 or DEL key and it comes up with a black screen, and at the top it says something about "Pointers misconfigured" or something like that, it's a little long, but I do remember seeing "pointers configured wrong" or something to the effect of Pointers being wrong.

No clue what so ever about this one.

I'll look to do a BIOS flash tonight when I get home, via USB stick, but was wondering if anyone else has experienced this with the newest BIOS release v 3007.

Let me see if I can remember some specs about my system (I'm at work atm, so totally unsure about my rig)...

ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme
    Intel i7
    (2) NVidia 980+

Nothing running crazy, no overclocking or anything like that. Systems have been running fine since I put it all together (approx June 2015). I have done updates in the past via EZ Update, but this one seemed to break something. Not looking for a resolution, just wondering if anyone has gotten an error like this, about pointers misconfigured or something like that, and if so, what did they find out?

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Not_Enough_Rage PC Specs
    Not_Enough_Rage PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Phhhtt!
    MotherboardMaximus VIII Extreme
    ProcessorIntel i7 6700K 4GHZ LGA1151
    Memory (part number)G.Skill RipJaws V 3200MB 16GB (8x2) CL14
    Graphics Card #1Zotac GeForce 1080ti Amp! Extreme
    Graphics Card #2Maybe next year.
    Graphics Card #3Not likely.
    Graphics Card #4You think I`m Mr. Moneybags!
    Sound CardROG Supreme FX
    MonitorAsus PG27AQ
    Storage #1Samsung 850EVO 500GB, Samsung 860EVO 1TB
    Storage #2Western Digital Black 1TB 7200RPM
    CPU CoolerCorsair H110i
    CaseCorsair Graphite 780T
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNova 1000 P2 Platinum
    Keyboard G,Skill RipJaws KM780 RGB Cherry
    Mouse G.Skill RipJaws MX780
    Headset Just the holes in my head.
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM300 Extended
    Headset/Speakers Cambridge Soundworks 5.1
    OS Microsoft Windows 10 64Bit
    Network RouterComcast Cable Blast 300MB
    Accessory #1 LG Blu-Ray Optical Drive
    Accessory #2 Gonna put some LED bling in there.
    Accessory #3 No, this is a man`s PC!

Asus really screwed up with this BIOS. I can`t download it like I normally do. Yea, I know there are aother methods of installing it, but I want to do it by download DHCP.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6