cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SS2DevProps.dll is crashing at least two Windows programs

Medico
Level 7
SS2DevProps.dll is crashing at least two Windows programs, including Internet Explorer. It does not do it every time but often. Reinstalling the driver Sonic Studio 2 is not working to solve that issue. Does anybody have the same problem? What is the solution?
10 REPLIES 10

FuryA
Level 8
Medico wrote:
SS2DevProps.dll is crashing at least two Windows programs, including Internet Explorer. It does not do it every time but often. Reinstalling the driver Sonic Studio 2 is not working to solve that issue. Does anybody have the same problem? What is the solution?

hi Medico
Try to reinstall does it fix?

Medico
Level 7
Hi FuryA@ASUS,

No. I had reinstalled it many times. I used the files located in ASUS website under my motherboard information. I think needs update. I have two programs right now that are crashing due to SS2DevProps.dll. So far, no other programs are crashing. It is getting worse with one of the programs.

FuryA
Level 8
hi Medico

Tried using different OS system. win 7 or Win10

Medico
Level 7
Hi FuryA@ASUS,

I am using Windows 10 Pro. The problem is with Internet Explorer too.

Medico
Level 7
Hi FuryA@ASUS,

I think that Sonic Suite II needs update so that program will not crash Intent Explorer and another program so far.

Hi FuryA@ASUS,

An update, waiting for your reply or anyone else
I went back to driver and Sonic Studio II related to version 6.0.1.7829. The program that crashed before stopped crashing for one week. Internet Explorer kept crashing as before. Then yesterday, the program that did not crash for 1 week started crashing like crazy. Therefore, I uninstalled Sonic Studio II. We need an update or I may have to come back to a sound card. Are we going to get an update of the program that would not crash other programs anymore?

Medico wrote:
Hi FuryA@ASUS,

An update, waiting for your reply or anyone else
I went back to driver and Sonic Studio II related to version 6.0.1.7829. The program that crashed before stopped crashing for one week. Internet Explorer kept crashing as before. Then yesterday, the program that did not crash for 1 week started crashing like crazy. Therefore, I uninstalled Sonic Studio II. We need an update or I may have to come back to a sound card. Are we going to get an update of the program that would not crash other programs anymore?

hi Medico
so, You are running Sonic Studio II r 6.0.1.7829 and crashed IE crashed but uninstalled
usually, the Sonic Studio II driver will keep release on the support page,
just suggest You can install the original CDs Sonic Studio II driver try
and keep windows update with IE new version

I have the same problem, SS2DevProps.dll file provokes Avira Antivirus crashes on windows 10 pro. Installed from CD Sonic Studio and downloaded from the ASUS website, did not help.

UPD:
I take SS2DevProps.dll from the old version, maybe can help:
https://yadi.sk/d/u6rHmueX39G7Au
https://www.upload.ee/files/6564646/FIX_Sonic_Studio_II.rar.html
http://www114.zippyshare.com/v/ksyPDDyz/file.html
http://rgho.st/6NfbQznqc
Sorry for my English.

FuryA@ASUS wrote:
hi Medico
so, You are running Sonic Studio II r 6.0.1.7829 and crashed IE crashed but uninstalled
usually, the Sonic Studio II driver will keep release on the support page,
just suggest You can install the original CDs Sonic Studio II driver try
and keep windows update with IE new version

Hi FuryA@ASUS,

I uninstalled from programs and features Asus Sonic plugins. After that, so far IE and as another person said an antivirus program was the second program but I have Norton Security, no more crashes. I plugged in a headphone set, the red program related to Sonic II came up, and I was able to use the headphone. No crashes noted at that time. I did not keep it for long either. However, I think the driver still available. The file SS2DevProps.dll is gone, I think after I uninstalled the Asus Sonic plugins. I think the problem is Asus Sonic plugins. It has problems with IE and antivirus program like the one I have and frolickof. I still believe we need an update but it seems to be specifically the Asus Sonic plugins.