when you hover over the battery icon it will show you the % charged
but off and on will say charging or not
and regardless of how long it says until FULL charge when saying charging
often the percent never changes
I.E. 85% charging, full charge in 15 minutes
2 hours later still sitting at 85% and saying nothing else or the same thing

never did this before the upgrade
pretty sure its no the system trying to protect the battery
because of the hit and miss on the statements that appear when you hover over the bat. icon and the way its acting

bad news
since the upgrade win10 did
there are no more restore points

not sure if the update caused this or other things did

anyone else having this issue?
5 REPLIES 5

Jon_G
Level 10
Hi southerncalm,
I have a G751JY w/ Windows 10 on it, I've received all of Windows 10 updates and have absolutely no battery issues. My notebook is always
plugged in whether it's turned on or off & after 2 years my notebook batteries LED light indicator is always a solid green & the battery indicator
icon says 97% available (plugged in, not charging). It sounds like this 85% always charging battery issue you're experiencing isn't related to any
Windows 10 updates (it's probably only a coincidence) and more likely is an indication that your G751JTs integrated battery is slowly starting
to go bad. As you already know these notebook batteries like all other electronic devices rechargeable batteries deteriorate over time, and
have a set number of charge cycles before they eventually no longer hold a charge or fully recharge. If you want to extend it's life
as long as possible you should always leave your notebook (plugged in at all times) whether it's on or off. The more it charges the quicker its set number of total charges is reached until it finally requires replacement.
Also after receiving all of Windows 10 updates including latest Dec. 2016 update, all my restore points are still present. Not exactly
sure why your Windows 10 restore points have all disappeared. It could be related to your system drives available, unused space and simply not having enough to store any system restore points any longer (you'd get a Windows 10 system restore error message if you try to create a restore point and don't have enough drive space)? For this MS Windows 10 system restore issue, if you do have plenty of available, unused drive space on your system drive for restore points you should go to the Microsoft Windows 10 website and look
it up there first. You can also try looking the issue up on the Microsoft Community or ask for help with Windows 10 system restore.
These are two excellent sites to assist you with any Windows 10 issues. Good luck!

southerncalm
Level 7
10 months later
still exactly the same
dead on 85% charging and never more or less
seems if the battery were going it would see some change in percent
but nothing
stays right on 85%
very strange

dragonhi
Level 7
Hi, I got my asus Rog G752 still hot And ı have just registered here on this forum. I have some issues like asus number pad And batteries same after windows update today(bild 1703) charger displays 95℅ of power on battrry.

And as of now ı am not able to use keyboard, only some of the shortcut Keys are working VIA Rog button And sound hotkeys....

I downloaded the easy driver application for checking any updates available or not for devices. And ı started to update them one by one since yesterday and all was fine except asus number pad. I changed it with the new one(İt was hid keyboard device before the update) but it gives a warning as some registry files are missing ı guess and it didnt work after all. Then ı install old drivers again from the same menu. İt was hid keyboard device again and working just fine.

But after windows creative update build 1703 it is corrupted and ı cannot go to the olduğu one , the option is faded ....

Any help would be useful , I am new to forum bu the way ....

Thanks.

CASPER_VIA_M1 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

See ny post, this FCU upgrade should fix you.
your keyboard issues etc and ATK package needs to be reinstalled
uninstall Asus update this program is dangerous for your notebook.
Turn off driver update in windows update
see my thread about today Fall Creations Upgrade
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Falcon2_ROG
Customer Service Agent
I will suggest you to shut down the laptop first, then press the power key 30 seconds to reset Embed Controller and charge the battery again.
If it is still no work, please take your laptop to our local service center for comprehensive inspection and help you to fix the problem. Sorry for the trouble.
The following is the contact information:
http://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/
Also you can contact the local service center for help. The following is the contact information:
http://www.asus.com/support/CallUs#