cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help with mobo

sharook1986
Level 7
hi there ive recently just purchased a i7 3770k cpu and a sus rog maximus v formula mobo what the problem is is im running a gtx 970 on the board and when i put it in the pcie slot1 it shows up as 2.0 x16 not 3.0 x16 like it should be if i put the gpu into slot 2 it shows as 3.0 x8 but if i put it back into slot one it still showing as pcie 2.0 not 3.0 can anybody help as to why i cant set it in the bios to gen3 and run it as 3.o like it should be it very frustrating lol
6 REPLIES 6

Nate152
Hi sharook1986

Install GPU-Z and see what it's showing, it shows mine at pcie x16 3.0 @ pcie x16 1.1

When I put a load on it, it ramps up to pcie x16 3.0

Click the pics to make them bigger.

Idle

Load

for some reason every now and then it also runs in 4x i really dont get this

heres another but this time it says 2.0 x16 i dont get it ive changed it in the bios and it jus wont show on my display when set in gen 3 if i put the gpu in slot 2 it runs in 3.0 x8 so i know the 3.0 working i jus dont think it working properly on this mobo unless im doing something wrong

Ive reseated it a few times and still no luck

just an update at least one or 2 of the socket pins ave broke off or something (what u get for buying a secondhand board) anyways thats why so need to see if can get socket repaired now