cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What type of motherboard is in the G20AJ?

The_Conscript
Level 7
The g20aj utilizes an "H97-I/G20AJ/DP_MB" motherboard. Is this manufactured soley for/with the G20AJ? I've never seen this variant of a motherboard. Are there any other compatible motherboards that would fit in the G20AJ case?

I was curious, I've included an image of two other components, some mater/slave ide cable that connects the input/output controls to the motherboard, and some sort of "combo controller" device (Wifi?) made by AzureWave. What are they?
5 REPLIES 5

FonzieBulldog
Level 9
The G20CB and some other G20 motherboards would work out fine in your G20AJ case.A rather strange motherboard with more strange solutions when for instance the two case fan connections have different size and are much smaller than usual motherboard fan pins and it also uses laptop memory cards.And why have you taken out the motherboard !?. 🙂

I'm pretty sure the motherboard is toast, bulging capacitor. Just powered it down one night and the next morning it just decided to give me a hard time. It receives power, the CPU and GPU fans spin at full blast forever, I've functioning ram sticks, but does not post. I just bought a replacement motherboard for ~200 CAD. Hopefully things work out.

If it's useful for anyone, I can perhaps record a quick video of putting everything back together on request. I've ripped out absolutely everything.

Guess that many would appreciate a walk through video including me of this G20.Its a strange but powerful little gaming computer depending on the hardware who i for the moment run Skyrim The Elder Scrolls V on without any problem.Changed the CPU and GPU to a i7-6700K and GTX 1080 in a G20CB but when it was time for a water cooler it was stop when for instance the fan connections on this motherboard have some strange and small pins who aint in the same size either.Wonder why for sure.

geniusdevil
Level 9
OMG, is that a mobo or a potato?! :rolleyes:

Welsh_Whoopee
Level 11
yeah the motherboard is totally custom for the case, it won't fit into no other case. I have loads of videos on tear down etc....

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGPC00r4OKjIKWPseJAGvKyfPpV29l8ll

Welsh Gaming