cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P10S WS motherboard slow Sata 3 SSD speeds

robert345
Level 7
I just completed a new build with the P10S WS motherboard/Xeon E3 1245 v5/32gb 2133 DDR4 Ram.

I installed Windows 10 pro x64 v1607 with integrated updates via USB - Windows update disabled, installed the latest chipset and AHCI drivers from the Asus website for this motherboard, updated the BIOS to the latest 0901.

booted first time no problems - everything working nicely.

I noticed that my intel SSD series 520 240gb and Samsung 840 pro SSD are running well below their speed, connected to Sata_1/Sata-2 6gb/s ports, swapped different cables but they're running around 40% lower speed.

I tried clean install and let Windows install the drivers but the results were worse.
I also tried drivers direct from Intel to no avail.
I double checked all settings in the BIOS, got 70% free space, SSD's are trimmed and optimized.

both were working at full speed on a Lenovo E31 workstation with similar set up.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
2 REPLIES 2

robert345
Level 7
Solved!

my ex Nvidia Quadro 5000 was causing the slow down on the Sata 6gb/s ports somehow, as soon as I remove the card SSD speed was back to normal. very strange.

I tried to install a GTX 1060 graphic card with latest drivers and system is crawling and SSD 6gb/s speeds are way down again but worse this time.

is my motherboard faulty? tried everything, when a graphic card is plugged in everything slows down.