cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will ASUS ever update the bios for the RVE10????

Sprayingmango
Level 10
There are still a myriad of issues with this board that have not been addressed and it's been months since the last BIOS update.*

Seems like they just don't care anymore. This may very well be my last Asus product. Never have I had so many issues with a $600 motherboard, completely unacceptable Asus. :mad::mad::mad:*
8 REPLIES 8

tistou77
Level 13
I am not complaining, over time of the updates, there have been new bugs 😄

Some USB devices that disconnect all the time
Boot longer
Etc...

And Asus is not adept fix bugs (It is far from the time when Shamino "elaborated" the bios) 🙂
Sorry for my english 😄

Case: Lian Li A77F
MB: Rampage VI Extreme Encore
CPU: i9 10980XE
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB Royal 4x8Gb @4000 C16
GPU: EVGA RTX 2080ti XC Ultra
PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 1000W
DATA: Samsung 980 Pro
SOUND: Asus Xonar Phoebus

Legolas
Level 9
Sprayingmango wrote:
There are still a myriad of issues with this board that have not been addressed and it's been months since the last BIOS update.*

Seems like they just don't care anymore. This may very well be my last Asus product. Never have I had so many issues with a $600 motherboard, completely unacceptable Asus. :mad::mad::mad:*

What hardware specifications do you have?

So sorry about what happen to your computer. What issues do you have? Did you try normal troubleshoot steps before you ask for BIOS?
Reseat all components?

I heard they have 1003 BIOS
Sincerely,
Legolas

Chino
Level 15
Sprayingmango wrote:

List your complete system specifications and detailed description of your problems.

Techotic
Level 7
This is why I'm sticking with the solid RVE, especially with Skylake-X around the corner (Q2 2017) and the new RVIE 🙂

vmanuelgm
Level 11
Shamino was a real guru, he built hardware and made it work... Comparing him to others is like comparing "tomatoes and potatoes", xD...

RVE*is not working flawlessly either,*but buying RV10 seems to be*"going from Guatemala to Guatepeor"...

Merry Christmas, mates!!!

😉
Asus x670e Hero, 7950x, TG 7000, Master 4090, 970 PRO, 860 EVO, Intel 750,
SN850, SN750, 840 Pro, 2xSkyhawk 4TB, Pioneer S12U
EVGA T2 1600, Silverstone TJ11, Custom LC, Acer Predator x35, Philips OLED

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
My 10 edition runs flawlessly on 0901...so depends a lot on your set up and tweaking...

So for me Guatepeor is in fact "Guate great board this is!":p

Happy Christmas!

vmanuelgm
Level 11
Hi Arne, best wishes!!!

The rv10 should be a refined board and in some areas it really is, usb ports for instance. However it comes with a lot of issues (DAC or pciex ports). With the same 6950x I had difficulties to run the TitanP at pciex 3.0 on the 10, even forcing it in bios.

So I think Asus should have done a better job.
Asus x670e Hero, 7950x, TG 7000, Master 4090, 970 PRO, 860 EVO, Intel 750,
SN850, SN750, 840 Pro, 2xSkyhawk 4TB, Pioneer S12U
EVGA T2 1600, Silverstone TJ11, Custom LC, Acer Predator x35, Philips OLED

enyceedanny
Level 10
Sprayingmango wrote:

I feel you. I had an issue where my keyboard would disconnect and reconnect randomly. I ended up just moving them to the USB 2 ports and it's fine now. I still have an issue with the Supremefx hi-fi DAC software preventing windows and display from going to sleep.

I'm pretty certain that they'll be releasing updates, though I'm surprised that they haven't been as quick about it on such a premium board.

The thing is... You can potentially experience the same types of issues with slow fixes from just about every motherboard manufacturer. Compared to many board manufacturers, ASUS is still one of the better ones when it comes to the overall quality and updates. Though it's not saying much...