cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rampage v ramdonly shuts down

Mrmagoo
Level 7
hello just go done changing cases and psu. I used the same cpu, board, ram and vga just changed case and psu.
also I used same cpu cooler. it might shut down after 5 sec of 5 hrs just very ramdom any ideas?
11 REPLIES 11

JustinThyme
Level 13
First thing that comes to mind is something grounding whether it be the board against the case or the new PSU.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

UPDATE
I have changed the psu with my old one same problem.
I removed the board from the case placed on a cardboard box same problem.
but now it is running very very slow takes 8-9 mins to boot into windows and 10 mins to open a program
but now it lasts about 1 hr before it shuts down but it resets itself.
checked windows log I see kernel error 1 time next time memory dump error the last time before I had to leave
it did it again showed kernel again. the board is 2 years old it has seen 2 cpus 8 memory sets and 4 gpus and 3 cases now but I hope not.
if anyone can help me please try I don't want to buy a board if I don't have to.
forgot to add the case uses a pci-e riser cable.

Try checking the temps. Remove the graphics card. Observe how it behaves though the BIOS. Are you using a HDD for the system?

Chino
Level 15
Mrmagoo wrote:
hello just go done changing cases and psu. I used the same cpu, board, ram and vga just changed case and psu.
also I used same cpu cooler. it might shut down after 5 sec of 5 hrs just very ramdom any ideas?

List your complete system specifications please.

Chino wrote:
List your complete system specifications please.

Rampage v
Gskill 4 sticks 2666
Asus gtx 1080 fe
*Samsung 850 evo ssd
Corsair sf600
Thermaltake core g3
Ek waterblocks cpu and gpu
360 radiator
All temp are always under 50c and if I let it set in bios it Wil still ramdonly reset the boards vga light comes on after it reset but after 2-3 mins it will boot again*

JustinThyme
Level 13
If its not grounding something didnt like the move.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
If its not grounding something didnt like the move.

I am starting to think it's thermaltake's pci-e riser cable.
What is the best cable to use so I can get one and try.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
What BIOS are you using?

If one of the later 3xxx series use BIOS flashback and try 2101 and see...

UPDATE
Found out it was the junk thermaltake pcie riser cable that came with the case tired the cable in my dad's pc and his started doing the same thing. *