cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[HELP] About Overclocking...

volko
Level 7
Hello Asus Community,:)

I have a Gtx 950 Strix 2GB OC(Factory Overclocked) and i want to overclock it so i'm using GPU Tweak II , but i don't know how to use it or is it safe for Factory Overclocked card.

In the OC mode of Gpu Tweak there's +26 Mhz in the Gpu boost clock which seems normal . After I searched i found these two videos about the same card :
(Digital Storm added 150 Mhz)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2g4eELzW3w

(Blunty added 171 Mhz)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0lFVxUgrLc&t=10m23s

SO yeah, I'm confused how to overclock my card and how much Mhz I add 😞

SO If anyone of you guys can help me or give advice it will be appreciated

Thank You! 😮

3 REPLIES 3

Nate152
Hi volko

What you can do is make an overclock profile by selecting User Mode 1 under profiles in GPU Tweal II

Select User Mode 1 and increase the voltage and the power target to the max, don't worry it's perfectly safe Nvidia has the voltage capped so it will only go so far, then click apply.

Start up the most demanding game you have, when in game ALT+TAB out of the game and slide the Boost Clock to +100MHz and click apply, we'll use this as a starting point.

ALT+Enter to return to the game and see if all is still good. If all is still good ALT+TAB out of the game and slide the Boost Clock +10MHz, ALT + Enter to return to the game and see if all is good. Keep doing this until the driver crashes or you get artifacting then back off the Boost Clock 10-20MHz.

Now you have the maximum core clock.

Do the same with the memory keep alt+tabbing out of the game and raising the memory clock until the driver crashes or you get artifacting then back off the memory clock 10-20 MHz,

You can crank the fan to 100% or set a fan curve to keep your gpu cooler.

Let us know if yours overclocks further than Blunty's 🙂

I did what you've said but the artifacting start after i add 100MHZ to GPU Boost Clock i test it in "THE FOREST" and "Rise OF Tomb Raider",that's wierd cause 100 isn't that much maybe it has something to do with the voltage and the power target that i max them , what do u think?

btw when i increase "the Power Target" the "GPU TEMP TARGET(C)" increased with it to the max . should i let them locked with each other?

Nate152
Yes let the power target and temp target locked and start over with the Boost Clock at +50 MHz let the power target and voltage to the max. Make sure temps are ok too.

Some gpu's will overclock better than others, it's luck of the draw when it comes to overclocking.