cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nedd some assistance or reccomendation with WIFI issues Maximus Formula VI

Morgan1952
Level 7
Hello Folks,
I haven't been on here in a long time, life does get in the way.
I built a new system back in June 2014 and the folks on here helped a lot and I really appreciate the help.
I have been running this system without issue until a couple days ago.
Like I said The system is a Formula VI MB with a 4770K cpu.
I was watching a youtube video and lost my WIFI connection, restarted the WIFI router and still no connection. all my other devices work fine just not my desk top.
It is like it doesn't even see the WIFI, nothing comes up in the window for networks, no error codes, nothing at all. I had to go out of town for a few days so I shut the system down and tonight when I got home I restarted it and still nothing. The MB has the MPCIE combo II on it.
any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I thought about replacing the MPCIE combo II module ( if I can find one) or just buying a USB WIFI. Last resort would be replacing the entire MB. Like I said before it worked great for 2.5 Years and just stopped.
If the best option is to just go with a USB WIFI then I would also appreciate any suggestions on which one. I do game on that system, well did.:(
I haven't tried to hook a hard line yet will do that tomorrow. I did restore to an older date hoping it was something in a update but no luck there either.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Morgan
4 REPLIES 4

Nate152
Hi Morgan1952

The best way would be to hard wire it, then go usb if you can't hard wire. I've had trouble with a few disconnecting, do a little research and get one that has the best reviews.

https://www.amazon.com/USB-AC68-Dual-Band-AC1900-Adapter-Included/dp/B01I7QFR10?tag=wireless2016-20

Nate152 wrote:
Hi Morgan1952

The best way would be to hard wire it, then go usb if you can't hard wire. I've had trouble with a few disconnecting, do a little research and get one that has the best reviews.

https://www.amazon.com/USB-AC68-Dual-Band-AC1900-Adapter-Included/dp/B01I7QFR10?tag=wireless2016-20

Thanks Nate,
That's pretty much what I was thinking.
Best wishes and have a very Merry Christmas.
Morgan

Nate152

Nate152 wrote:
You're welcome

Thank you,

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. 🙂

Quick update, I just went to best buy and bought a usb wifi adapter and now back up and running, if I have issues with this one I will just order a better one online. Everything seems to be working fine.
Thanks again for the advice Nate and best wishes and Merry Christmas to all in the ROG family.

Well another update, I will start looking at other options started having some issues but not that severe but needs to be addressed.

Morgan