ROG Enthusiast Array

g752 replacement motherboard and replacable CPU /GPU ?

Hi,

Does anyone know whether when you need to replace your g752 motherboard you can transfer the CPU/GPU from the broken motherboard to the new one ? I saw one company selling a g752 replacement motherboard but it seems barebone without GPU/CPU ....

My motherboard or a component blew just before warranty expiration ( within one year from purchase ) so they will fix it now, but if it blows again, it becomes an expensive brick.

I am never buying notebook like that again without 2 - 3 years warranty at least.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by fixxi.net View Post
    Hi,

Does anyone know whether when you need to replace your g752 motherboard you can transfer the CPU/GPU from the broken motherboard to the new one ? I saw one company selling a g752 replacement motherboard but it seems barebone without GPU/CPU ....

My motherboard or a component blew just before warranty expiration ( within one year from purchase ) so they will fix it now, but if it blows again, it becomes an expensive brick.

I am never buying notebook like that again without 2 - 3 years warranty at least.
    You can't do it without desoldering the GPU and CPU off the motherboard; it'll require a bit of know how and possibly special tools. You will have to reball the GPU and CPU; its quite a lot of work.

ROG Enthusiast Array

So, is it possible for a general PC technician to install a CPU/GPU to this replacement motherboard http://www.laptopinventory.com/Model...20System/56079 . And on what website do they sell GPU/CPUs ?

Just asking in case someone has some input.

So far something becomes clear to me. Since there doesn't seem to be post-warranty vendor service from Asus, ( may depend country by country , at least in my country there doesn't seem to be but I will ask the reseller once I talk to them again) you have to be aware that after the warranty period expires your notebook better not break or it is a done deal. Really disappoing to have this situation, but surely I see the benefit of paying 300 - 500 EUR more in order to have the 3 years warranty that the competition provides. Or make sure to get 3 years insurance where possible.

ROG Junior Member Array

it seems ROG is truly making it a sellers market, and quite frankly it hurts their credibility when it comes to being a premiere maker of products like this. did you ever find a solution to your problem, or is it still running?

i have a client with a dead ROG G752VM and all they did was lay it on a couch for 5 minutes a few months out of warranty. the ketboard broke a months before that.
    ROG will fix it...for around $900.

as you said, it's now a brick.