cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bios loop issue

malone209
Level 7
Hello everyone,

So this problem started recently like 2 weeks ago after being stable for well over a year now.

One day, I restarted my PC and it didn't boot to my OS on my SSD like normal, it did this weird black screen with a loading bar on the top left then took me into bios. I thought maybe my SSD was going bad but I noticed it was on the list in the bios as being detected and that I could manually load my operating system via the bios. Tried to reproduce the issue and it happens quite often when I restart but there are some instances where it boots into windows normally.

Anyways, I wanted to see what is causing this issue as I saw two others on this forum post about this. The only thing I can think of that I changed was installing one of those recent windows updates (win10 64bit) but other then that I haven't done anything.

Is this a bios issue or something related to windows 10? I'm on the latest bios btw.
2 REPLIES 2

JustinThyme
Level 13
Have you tried F5 in the bios and loading defaults?

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Have you tried F5 in the bios and loading defaults?

yeah it does it with my overclock setup and with loaded defaults.
not sure what's causing this