cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751JT shuts down after every 30 mins

obi123
Level 7
Hi guys, I've got my G751JT for a year now. Didn't spend much time with it though. Recently, it started to acts very weird such as shuts down on sleep or hibernate, shuts down when in use for exactly 30 minutes as if the power button was pressed for 5sec. It just goes "pff"... I've already tried to update the bios to the newest 211, reinstalled windows 10, scan for virus, reapplied thermal paste + clean.

I've check the event log and the computer didn't find out any error before it shuts off itself. That happens randomly but if after 30mins nothing happens, then it will keep go on for the whole day, even under heavy gaming.

The temperature (idle) is always at around 45°C for CPU and 39°C for GPU. Under heavy load, it goes up to maximum 70°C for CPU and 60 for GPU.

I hope that this is just a software related problem. Have looked it up for fixes but found nothing useful for my case. If anyone know how to fix this, please let me know!

Much appreciated!
3 REPLIES 3

Hitchy
Level 7
Hello,

start a timer (chronometer) in your phone when u start windows and try to measure the exact timing when your computer shuts off, do it 3 or 4 times. If its exactely 30 minutes or 35 each time then your best bet its software related. If its random then it has to be hardware

That's what I did and found out that the laptop shuts itself off every 30mins. But if it doesn't, then it runs fine no matter how much it is stressed. And that problem is completly ramdom. So I really don't know if its software or hardware related 😞

obi123 wrote:
That's what I did and found out that the laptop shuts itself off every 30mins. But if it doesn't, then it runs fine no matter how much it is stressed. And that problem is completly ramdom. So I really don't know if its software or hardware related 😞

Have you looked into Windows power management deeply? Put it to High Performance and go to advanced options to look into every aspect of power management.

Start your computer in Safe Mode and keep it on for at least an hour. Repeat this 3 or 4 times and tell us the difference

I also advise you to install a fresh Windows to another partition or HD and test your computer on a brand new environnement.