cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL502VS has stop charging

soyguille
Level 7
Hello I Have purchased a GL502VS-FY042T
I am a photographer , I will like to investigate 3D possibilities , I also purchased an Oculus Rift .
I usually like to work in OSX , but Apple - Nvidia doesn't want to give support to Pascal drivers, so this laptop can be a solution to introduce VR .

So, the problem is that it only has worked properly with Oculus attached 4 days , the first time. Green light ( connected ) or amber light ( connected and charging ) , stop working, I asked for my seller , and told me that *should be a Power Supply failure , I ask for a RMA to Assus Spain and I sent all in the original box.
*When I received the RMA , there was a Asus write asking for apologies and a paper that suppose to indicate what was replaced , but nothing is quoted it is *very ambiguous .
3 days ago,I started to using it again , and yesterday night , again the same problem.
Laptop charging has stopped working, exactly the same failure.
I have talking *with seller, and will investigate what was " repaired - fixed " in the first RMA, before sending again. *

Does anybody has experimented same problems ???*
3 REPLIES 3

soyguille
Level 7
I have received confirmation about what was done in first RMA

"initial CMOS/ firmware to default setting"*

I have tried to do the same by my own before sending laptop to seller ( he asked me to do it to test it ) , but laptop isn't charging after " load default settings on BIOS.*

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Welcome to the forums!

soyguille wrote:

Laptop charging has stopped working, exactly the same failure.

• Just want to clarify if you mean the battery/notebook is never charging no matter what you do and the battery is just draining to 0% and you cannot charge it above 0%?
  • Or, do you see the message 'plugged in, not charging' when the battery is above 95% sometimes which is normal as long as it is always charging when the battery is below 95%?
  • Or, do you notice the battery is draining while you are plugged into the AC adapter and doing some intense work/gameply on the computer which other GL502VS owners have reported as well at the link below? Although I haven't seen confirmation from others, the GL502VS 300 bios version may keep the battery from dropping below 60% while plugged in if that helps at all.
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?88742-GL502VS-Discharging-while-in-charge

Anyway, if you can confirm the problem you are seeing, we can hopefully provide more information for it. Thanks.

Well , adapter is plugged , there is no notification about that ( system or laptop leds ) , and drains until 0% , and does not power on.

Today has been sent to seller , now this time is about 40% of battery charge.

Tech department want to test laptop until send again to RMA.

cl-Albert wrote:
Welcome to the forums!

• Just want to clarify if you mean the battery/notebook is never charging no matter what you do and the battery is just draining to 0% and you cannot charge it above 0%?
  • Or, do you see the message 'plugged in, not charging' when the battery is above 95% sometimes which is normal as long as it is always charging when the battery is below 95%?
  • Or, do you notice the battery is draining while you are plugged into the AC adapter and doing some intense work/gameply on the computer which other GL502VS owners have reported as well at the link below? Although I haven't seen confirmation from others, the GL502VS 300 bios version may keep the battery from dropping below 60% while plugged in if that helps at all.
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?88742-GL502VS-Discharging-while-in-charge

Anyway, if you can confirm the problem you are seeing, we can hopefully provide more information for it. Thanks.