Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Slappy View Post
    Whew..a lot of great ones to choose from. I am really digging the one from GoTeamScotch..very well done
    Much appreciated! This one was fun to create because of the process that it took to make it. There's about 8 layers, many of which have layer effects to compliment the layers under themselves. While changing them and trying to find good combinations, the image as a whole took on a few different styles before arriving at the final product.

Also, I modified the "Republic of Gamers" text to be all in one line to look more visually appealing. A minor change I'm sure the mod's wouldn't mind. If this goes against any rules please let me know and I'll change it.

Quote Originally Posted by DaemonCantor View Post
    The sad thing Underworld is if you hit the Blue Question mark in the Upload Manager it shows that we're supposed to have 1.91MB of room for jpeg, jpg and gif but what gets me is .bmp gets a whopping 2.86MB and .pdf is 19.07MB....976.6KB is a long way away from these totals....
    Judging from your signature you must use Photoshop. After you save any image in JPEG format in Photoshop, there's a window that asks how high of quality you want to save it as. My own ASUS wallpaper was saved at 12 (max) and still came out at 1.9mb. Try lowering the image quality to 10 or so. BMP's are an outdated format. Take it from me, I work as a graphics designer and I have 0 BMP's in any of my project folders. They're flawless in quality but pretty huge. You're better off saving in a high quality JPEG or PNG. Personally I prefer PNG for my projects. PDF's are not really for saving pictures.
    Last edited by GoTeamScotch; 01-10-2012 at 03:20 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array sumonpathak's Avatar

Well...just a request...can the mods upload a logo with clear background? makes a bit easier to incorporate...

Shut Up Stupid! Array DaemonCantor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoTeamScotch View Post
    Judging from your signature you must use Photoshop. After you save any image in JPEG format in Photoshop, there's a window that asks how high of quality you want to save it as. My own ASUS wallpaper was saved at 12 (max) and still came out at 1.9mb. Try lowering the image quality to 10 or so. BMP's are an outdated format. Take it from me, I work as a graphics designer and I have 0 BMP's in any of my project folders. They're flawless in quality but pretty huge. You're better off saving in a high quality JPEG or PNG. Personally I prefer PNG for my projects. PDF's are not really for saving pictures.
    Yes I already know this but thank you it does show the Admins we know what we're talking about....and as for your suggestion Beauty of Battle is already down to Baseline on Optimization and at 7 quality...like I stated earlier if I decrease it anymore I might as well not have posted it in the first place as it is it's down to 796KB and that is ridiculously small for a 1920x1080 picture...every background I've downloaded is over 1Meg and I got it down to this with out loosing way too much.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by sumonpathak View Post
    Well...just a request...can the mods upload a logo with clear background? makes a bit easier to incorporate...
    Here's the logo I used for mine. It has a dark upper part. Some have a white colored upper part.
    http://wccftech.com/wp-content/uploa...0/Asus-Rog.png
    Make sure to save it as a PNG or you won't get the transparency layer.

Its funny the ones provided for the contest are saved in low quality JPEG's. When I saw that I cringed. No beuno!

Question to mods, is mine okay? I used a logo not from the ones provided (though still the ROG logo in every way) and I moved the text around. Is this fine?
    Last edited by GoTeamScotch; 01-10-2012 at 03:40 AM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by DaemonCantor View Post
    Yes I already know this but thank you it does show the Admins we know what we're talking about....and as for your suggestion Beauty of Battle is already down to Baseline on Optimization and at 7 quality...like I stated earlier if I decrease it anymore I might as well not have posted it in the first place as it is it's down to 796KB and that is ridiculously small for a 1920x1080 picture...every background I've downloaded is over 1Meg and I got it down to this with out loosing way too much.
    If there's one thing I can appreciate its attention to quality of images! Perhaps you should save it as whatever level of compression that will shrink it down enough to work, then upload the high quality one to a hosting website and link it to the forums? Photobucket works.

ROG Member Array

Sharply Blue made by me Andrej Milovac.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rog_2012.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	203.2 KB 
ID:	5410
    Last edited by dottor; 01-15-2012 at 06:38 PM.

Carbon and Chrome

Here's another one
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos Carbon and Chrome.jpg  

AntiMatter Guru ROG Array chrsplmr's Avatar

yum......i want to play with u guys..
    but big brothers says im a
    naughty little limit user upper..and
    can only watch u play.....hahahhahahahhaa

ill get over it... im load'n up on ya's for
    next time.... so yea..do all your best stuff
    now...(increases my odds next round) yea.Me....

no..really...great job...good luck choos'n thats all i can say..yikes..all good..
    u got a 42pack of those codes??? hahahahhaa

New ROGer Array

Rog wall

Nice wallpapers Guys .. Great work .. this is my second and last one .. I wish the best for all

sorry about Quality , its reduced to 119 kb ... my original size was 676
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos ASUS ROG.jpg  

Last edited by Mohamed Aleenzi; 01-11-2012 at 01:10 AM. Reason: problem with Quality of image

Shut Up Stupid! Array DaemonCantor's Avatar

They all look spectacular...except that one of chrsplmr's ...what the Heck is that....I can't make it out????...I must need a new set of glasses....oh I just got a pair today!...let me put them on....UMMM ooooKKK! I see....thats what it is...chrplmr they up the limit today to 1.5Meg so get off your lazy Butt and get sumtin up here!...

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast