cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Most stable bios for z170 Deluxe?

Michael-i7
Level 7
I am experiencing some things I do not like whatsoever like extremely high vrm and pch temps which are leading to very high cpu temps. 55c at idle. Up from 30c just 2 days ago with the exact same settings I had before and it's really upsetting me. I am prepared to rma this motherboard today and get another one on the way. Which is something I would strongly like to avoid so I am going to try and use bios flashback to revert to a different version. I am currently on the newest september release. Can anyone please suggest a very stable bios version there has to be many die hard Asus mobo users like myself who can recommend one they use now or wish the kept. If this does not fix the problem I'm getting a new one tonight.*
4 REPLIES 4

Michael-i7
Level 7
But when I try ez flash from the bios with an internet connection it says my bios is already up to date so I guess I will try something else. Has anyone used it yet that can report anything positive? I had such high hopes for this board and think it's better than any of the rog boards except the extreme. I have a buddy who has the alpha hero and this blows it out of the water or at least did the first month I had it. So many more phases * much sexier seemed way more stable but I'm gonna have to say I am one very many who are very unpleased with the erratic voltage spikes (at default not oc) and the very high heat it runs at with fricken 1.3v at 4.5Ghz * ridiculous. But thats ASUS as a whole not this particular board. I would still pick this over any other z170 Asus but man Evga and Gigabyte are looking sexier by the day.*

Legolas
Level 9
What is your hardware specifications? Could you please provide your BIOS AI Tweaker settings? Did you overclock? Did you have proper cooling like liquid cooling on VRM and PCH? Did you have proper fans (inlet and outlet fans on chassis/case? )
Sincerely,
Legolas

Ya I was looking for a "signature" area that I can provide my specs. This just started happening man so I'm just going to RMA the board tomorrow and get a new one. I used bios flashback to update to the new 3007 release, didn't help. i7 6700k z170 Deluxe h100i v2 gtx 1080 Ftw Hybrid rm850i 256gb 950 pro m.2 32gb Dominator Platinum altogether 7 Corsair ML Pro fans one exhaust all the rest intake but 5 of them are rad fans 4 in push pull on the 240 and one in pull on the 120. Yes one exhaust is most definitely enough. Creates positive air pressure which is exactly what I want so all extra air is being forced out of the case vents which is honeycomb design thru the entire rear of the case minimizing dust as there is no air being pulled in from the ventilation as a result of neg air pressure bringing dust with it. All motherboard temps read around 30c at idle along with cpu "package" now temp 2 is 30c and 1 and 3 are 53c at idle along cpu package but the individual core readings remain in the 20's I've done a lot of stress testing getting my cpu stable so a lot of screen shots a long the way. The entire time my package temp has always been the same as motherbaord temp 1 and 3 which I assume are vrm and pch. Under load they are the same and at idle. Under load they get around 10c hotter than before and at idle about 25-30c hotter. My earlier post was just me ranting. Hands down I don't think there is another board I'd rather have. I have read forum after forum post after post there have been several case of higher voltages than other boards but all it takes is a little overclocking know how to get that under control. 4.5Ghz 1.305v llc level 7 1.312-1.328v under load hours of p95, aida65, and realbench. Very good temps all around up until 2 days ago when this started happening. I have read several cases where ppl complain about vrm and pch heat as well but they seem to be a small percentage of Asus boards. So I am confident my next one will be better.

Oh ya, as before cpu 4.5Ghz 1.31v Ram overclocked to 3333Mhz 1.355v Gpu 2139Mhz Everythingt as a whole is stable. Sucks I going to have to start over with a new board and hope I can get all the things overclocked together like this again but I have no doubt I will be able to do it.