cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VCCIO CPU 1.05V Voltage values - how high can I go?

Godofmosquitoes
Level 7
Hi, I'm running with a System Agent voltage of 1.3, in order to support my 3000MHz memory. I can read from ASUS' guide, that they recommend setting the 'VCCIO CPU 1.05V Voltage' setting at -0.05V lower than the System Agent. Meaning in this case, 1.25V. However, when I set that value inside the BIOS, the numbers turn red, indicating, I assume, that this is a dangerous voltage setting. I therefore currently run VCCIO CPU 1.05V Voltage at 1.15V. Would it be safe to raise VCCIO CPU 1.05V Voltage to 1.25V? Or should I perhaps attempt to lower System Agent voltage to 1.25, and raise VCCIO CPU 1.05V Voltage to 1.20 instead? What are your suggestions?
17 REPLIES 17

enyceedanny
Level 10
I found that keeping it .05 lower than VCCSA doesn't really matter. Just keep it at stock unless you need to increase it due to instability.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Leave it on auto...and only play with it if nothing else works

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Leave it on auto...and only play with it if nothing else works

Thanks 🙂 I'll try that.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
VCCSA can be a funny voltage...you can give too much as well as too little. The 1.3v value.... you arrived at that very slowly fine tuning from 1.0v up? or is that what XMP sets?

It seems quite high for 3000 with a 6950X...even for 64GB...

I would try to add a little bit more VDIMM and try and reduce VCCSA....often people seem to focus on VCCSA first when often a small bump in DRAM voltage can help and would be healthier for the IMC I think...like try 1.36...1.37...1.375 v and see if VCCSA can run lower?

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
VCCSA can be a funny voltage...you can give too much as well as too little. The 1.3v value.... you arrived at that very slowly fine tuning from 1.0v up? or is that what XMP sets?

It seems quite high for 3000 with a 6950X...even for 64GB...

I would try to add a little bit more VDIMM and try and reduce VCCSA....often people seem to focus on VCCSA first when often a small bump in DRAM voltage can help and would be healthier for the IMC I think...like try 1.36...1.37...1.375 v and see if VCCSA can run lower?

Actually, I think XMP set VCCSA to 1.35, and I just took it down to 1.3, given ASUS' advice to not take it over 1.3. Haven't tried lower. Would you advice to attempt, say, 1.2 or 1.25? 3000MHz should require at least 1.2, I recon? Also considering that I'm on air cooling.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
In that case definitely try to lower it...you might be surprised...I run 32GB at 3200MHz and I don't get to 1.0v for VCCSA so you may well find you can reduce it...

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
In that case definitely try to lower it...you might be surprised...I run 32GB at 3200MHz and I don't get to 1.0v for VCCSA so you may well find you can reduce it...

Yeah. But you run on water. With much lower temps ^^ But I'll definately give it a try later today.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Well, while that is true I'm not sure it has much influence here to be honest.

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Well, while that is true I'm not sure it has much influence here to be honest.

1.2V resulted in error in the Prime95 RAM test. 1.25V runs without incident for hours. So I think I'll settle for that voltage ^^ Thx a lot for the input!