cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Everything inside CPU CASING remains wake after shutting Down PC

aiVANHO
Level 7
The problem is getting little weird*:(
By pressing shutdown from windows, Monitor goes black but all other parts remains wake. Wake means still case fans spinning with RGB lighting, Cpu cooler keep continuing its function, GPU cooling fan still rotating with WINDFORCE logo in lighting state. Which means no normal shut down is happening. For shutting down windows I've to make it shut manually by long pressing of casing power button.
For solving this, few steps I applied which I’ve come to know from various threads, forum, user feedback etc. These are,
# Disabled Intel services from System Configuration options. *
# Disabled fast startup from Windows & Bios.
# Uninstalled ASUS AI Suite
But sadly neither any of those get the problem solved :(:(.
If anyone has something in mind that could rescue me from this issue then Please share your valuable opinion.
#PC Specs :
CPU: i7-6700K
CPU Cooler: Deep Cool Captain 240 Gamer Storm
Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus Viii Z170 Hero Alpha (Bios Version: 2202)
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z 16GB (8GBX2) @3.2Ghz
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming
PSU: Cooler Master V850
SSD: Intel 600p 256GB M2 (For OS)
HDD: WD Blue 1TB + Toshiba 2TB
Casing: NZXT Noctis 450
OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 ( Version 1607, OS Build 14393.576)
11 REPLIES 11

JustinThyme
Level 13
Set all of your power states to default in the balanced power plan.
Also download and rub Ccleaner to get rid of the orphaned crap in your registry. AI suite alone left behind 74 orphaned registry entries after the uninstall.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Set all of your power states to default in the balanced power plan.
Also download and rub Ccleaner to get rid of the orphaned crap in your registry. AI suite alone left behind 74 orphaned registry entries after the uninstall.

Thanks For Your reply 🙂 .*
Never changed any "Power Plan" settings from windows. So it's remain in its default state. Though would you please tell me which power plan options you are talking about?*
And did run a through scan using CCleaner & fixed few issues just a while ago. But still the problem still exists.
For your information, i had to install fresh windows 10 few days back. And I've been facing this issue from the 1st shut down attempt 😞 . **

double post

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Chino wrote:
Does this happen with system at stock defaults?

Did you mean BIOS Stock default?*

JustinThyme
Level 13
I didnt change mine either but........they were changed.
Go to settings>power and sleep>additional power settings>Balanced>change plan settings>change advanced power settings>restore plan defaults.

I had the same issue, did this and now I dont have that issue.

JustinThyme wrote:
I didnt change mine either but........they were changed.
Go to settings>power and sleep>additional power settings>Balanced>change plan settings>change advanced power settings>restore plan defaults.

I had the same issue, did this and now I dont have that issue.

Didn't know that Power Plan settings could be changed by its own. Thanks for the information 🙂
Ok i restored the default Power Plan settings as you said.
Anything more should i do in BIOS or in Windows? **

Anyone any help please :/*

JustinThyme
Level 13
Still getting this? If so the only option I know of after what Ive suggested is a repair install of the OS. Launch it from the USB within windows and select keep files and apps. The power scheme suggestion fixed mine. One last thing is in the BIOS is Cstates disabled? This can have an impact too.