Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage v extreme bios 3501

skypx
Level 7
48 REPLIES 48

XBrookieX
Level 7
Thanks for tip off, trying it out now.:)

Had it on a couple of hours and seems ok...ran a few benchmarks and played a game for a hour and seems stable. will report back if I have any issues.

Griever
Level 7
Ok, does this have the fixes present in the beta bios?

Zarathustraa
Level 7
It boots in about 30 seconds. Without me having to set the RAM to fast boot, and skip tests.

Raƒa
Level 7
the default setting for the anti surge support is now disabled, maybe this setting caused the sudden shutdowns and reboots?

Griever
Level 7
Perhaps so. That is one setting I don't believe I messed with pre-0044. The beta has worked pretty well for me, but I am eager to see how this latest official bios performs.

vmanuelgm
Level 11
Good news with this 3501, faster boot and at last I can see pciex 3.0 in auto without forcing it in bios...

Well done, Asus guys!!!

Happy New Year 2017, mates!!!
Asus x670e Hero, 7950x, TG 7000, Master 4090, 970 PRO, 860 EVO, Intel 750,
SN850, SN750, 840 Pro, 2xSkyhawk 4TB, Pioneer S12U
EVGA T2 1600, Silverstone TJ11, Custom LC, Acer Predator x35, Philips OLED

Hi, can you tell me if with 3501 bios when I use ROG OC Panel and switch my i7-5960X from 3.5 GHz to 4.0 GHz or 4.2 Ghz is this reboot my machine? I am using 2101 bios, because any newer bios on Windows 10 x64 N, restarted PC after switch on ROG OC Panel to speed up my CPU. I really like 2101 because it switch frequency in-fly mode.

Thank you!

Qwinn
Level 11
Installled. The BIOS update process did do an "updating BIOS" reboot, so apparently going from 3402 to 3501 does involve a firmware update, not sure which module though. I usually do a second flash after a firmware update but didn't this time as I've had no issues so far.

Per AIDA benchmarks, memory performance has seen yet another improvement to memory reads. My reads went from averaging around 62900 on 3402 to 63500 on 3501. (A few months ago I permanently stepped down my CPU and cache OCs for stability so the numbers have dropped a bit from my older posts... the instability I'm resolving was not due to BIOS changes, it was always there).

I concur that boot speed seems improved by a few seconds.

So far seems to be a solid BIOS. Props to ASUS.

Happy New Year everyone.