Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help new monitor connected via HDMI

boeingaviation
Level 7
Hi Folks,

Need some advice on the below problem.

I got my new monitor setup via HDMI (Only has HDMI).

The strange thing is that when I boot up the pc the Republic of Gamers boot screen comes onto my older monitor plugged in via DVI & it's not until it gets to the windows welcome screen that the HDMI monitor springs to life.

It works fine except for that. It's set as main display in nvidia control panel. Just wondering if it's not getting signal till booting into Windows due to being HDMI.

Many Thanks,
i7 4790K @ 4.4GHZ 1.145v/Asus Maximus VII Ranger/16 GB Kingston Hyper X Savage Red DDR3-1600MHZ 1.5V/Asus ROG Strix 1080ti OC 11GB/EVGA 750W Supernova G2/Corsair H110i AIO Cooler/Corsair Graphite 780T case
4 REPLIES 4

JustinThyme
Level 13
Splash screens before the login are part of the BIOS. Check to see what your defaults are in the BIOS. If its in auto it might be sending down the onboard first, there are also settings for how long the splash is displayed.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

boeingaviation
Level 7
Ok thanks I'll check BIOS. So am I able to set it too HDMI. The length of splash screen doesn't bother me would just like to be on my HDMI for boot up
i7 4790K @ 4.4GHZ 1.145v/Asus Maximus VII Ranger/16 GB Kingston Hyper X Savage Red DDR3-1600MHZ 1.5V/Asus ROG Strix 1080ti OC 11GB/EVGA 750W Supernova G2/Corsair H110i AIO Cooler/Corsair Graphite 780T case

boeingaviation
Level 7
I went into BIOS but I cant find the section on where to change the primary display to HDMI?

I found the section where it shows boot up and how long the ROG displays but not for changing from DVI boot to HDMI.

Any ideas anyone.

R2D2Mares
Level 7
I have the same with my configuration, the BIOS select the main monitor (via hardware) where the splash logo and windows logo is showed, then windows based in your configuration shows the login o main screen.

I think has logic because the BIOS does not have a preferred monitor selection based in your Graphic card.