Did you mean: 

MAXIMUS VIII HERO BIOS 3101 beta.

Vlackrs
Level 7
No info about the changes.
73 REPLIES 73

D_9
Level 7
Flash new BIOS. So far so good, I'll watch.

peki22
Level 7
Yep , work fine 3101.

peki22 wrote:
Yep , work fine 3101.
Yes I confirm

wolfy
Level 8
its up for the Formula aswell
ROG MAXIMUS XI FORMULA
CPU: Intel 9900K @4.7 ghz
2 x Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4-3200
C16 BK DC - 16GB
1 x Aurous 2080Super 8GB
1x 500GB Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe
1x 500GB AData 8200pro M.2NVMe
2 X 500 GB SSD
1000w PSU from corsair
Tower Lian Li PC-O11DW Dynamic
1 x dell 34" curved + 1 x 24"
CPU and Motherboard.
NZXT Kraken X73 RG

dannyboy292
Level 7
I don't see it on the VIII Hero page ?

Menthol
Level 14
Not sure of these boards but bios 3007 for the M8E gives full Kaby Lake support where bios 2002 only gave partial support for Kaby Lake CPU's
Possibly the same for all Z-170 boards

Recently flashed, and so far it appears to be working fine with my setup.

XMP works exactly like it should, unlike the last BIOS release for my system (last version froze on post with QCode 55 every boot. Rolling back to 2202 with Flashback fixed it).
No glaring issues yet, and everything seems to be stable for me.

The only note of interest, is that this BIOS defaults to Legacy OS instead of UEFI boot when set to optimized default, but it's just a simple change to set it back to UEFI.

Fingers crossed things remain smooth, and hopefully it works just as well for the rest of you.

Take care, and Happy New Year.

EDIT: Well, it was fun while it lasted. A quick reboot this evening (1/3/17) threw up a QCode 55 error suddenly on a simple reboot. No changes were made between then and previous successful reboot, nothing was altered in the BIOS at all. Just randomly decided to error on boot.
Of course, a flashback to 2202 fixed the issues and after numerous reboots, everything continues to once again work properly.

As always, these are simply experiences with my system, and YMMV. One thing is certain, however, with my next board upcoming this year, I think it's time to go another direction.

Best of luck.
In dreams, I walk with you.

Menthol wrote:
Not sure of these boards but bios 3007 for the M8E gives full Kaby Lake support where bios 2002 only gave partial support for Kaby Lake CPU's
Possibly the same for all Z-170 boards

I wonder if that is the same for the extreme assy? Seems they are the same board except colors and what comes in the box.
3007 isnt up for the M8E assy yet

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
I wonder if that is the same for the extreme assy? Seems they are the same board except colors and what comes in the box.
3007 isnt up for the M8E assy yet

Are previous bios versions the same, I believe it's the same board, except E has OC Panel and A has the Audio and Net package