cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Restarts Solution!

A1337
Level 7
Hi guys,

So I have been having random reboot problems for quite a while now, PC would just randomly cut out and restart by itself, no matter what load it was under or what I was doing on it, it was completely random when it would happen. I have a 5820k processor, all of the 3*** series bios's would not fix the issue, also I've been told that 5*** series processors run terrible on 3*** series bios's.

I tried 0044 for a while and had a few unrelated problems elsewhere with this BETA bios, so I reverted back to the 2101 bios after reading people's experiences with this issue, which I've found to be incredibly solid. I've been running the machine for two weeks and haven't had a single reboot, everything is the way it should be. However I decided to test out the the 3501 to see if the problem would be fixed and while getting the added benefits of having the latest 3*** bios. So far so good, the boot times are noticebly faster and everything is running the way it should. I mean it's been a few hours and seems to be running solid without any restarts. If I find issued down the line I will update you guys.

So in short and from my experience over the past few months:

If you have Intel 5*** series processor and random reboot issues USE 2101.

Or update to 3501 (Latest), it seems pretty solid and noticebly faster boot times, will update as I test over the coming days.

Or if 2101 isn't an option for you try 0044 BETA.

If you have any issues or questions please post below, I'll try to help. Thanks! 🙂
4 REPLIES 4

fulcrum_64th
Level 7
Greetings A1337,

I was also suffering from that very annoying random restart issue! So far the latest bios (3501) seems to have cured that problem. I can finally push my R5E on descent OC speeds and not have the computer restart every couple of hours!!!!

Best

Fulcrum*

here is my solution for randorm restart bios 3501 Clear COMS after that run eveything as defaut
in windows set the power options -> High performance

put your desire cpu ratio adjust the your voltage used fully manual mode is recommended, and test it if its stable or not using realbench or aida 64

set your memory speed clock speed, timing, and voltage base on your kit. if its over 2666 your best bet is to used over than 100 cpu strap. test the stability again

adjust your cpu cache ratio if you wish to overclock it make sure the min and max are the same ratio also put the voltage at auto first and see in the ai suite whats the voltage I recommend to set your cpu cache voltage the same as your cpu v core voltage also again in manual input mode test the stability again

after everything stable go back to bios

set the cpu power mangement c state c1-c0 disable the enhance power saving
set your cpu v core voltage to adaptive and make sure the value are the same as your stable v core before
in my case I also have to adjust the VRM power to manual and set it at 800 khz
in windows set the power options -> balance -> advance power setting -> processor power management set it to min 35%

and then boom its works rock stable now with dynamic clock applied
Im using i7 5930K cpu @4.4 Ghz @4.1 Cache @2666mhz 32GB, hope its helps

fulcrum_64th wrote:
Greetings A1337,

I was also suffering from that very annoying random restart issue! So far the latest bios (3501) seems to have cured that problem. I can finally push my R5E on descent OC speeds and not have the computer restart every couple of hours!!!!

Best

Fulcrum*

That's good to hear, i haven't had a single restart either since updating and it seems a lot of people are having luck with this bios version. It took them this long but I guess we can't complain now.

A1337 wrote:
That's good to hear, i haven't had a single restart either since updating and it seems a lot of people are having luck with this bios version. It took them this long but I guess we can't complain now.

yeah i got no restart but still random freeze even tough my system pass the 2 hour strees test it happen only on adaptive vcore and c-state